[Commitment Watch] '22 In-State TE Gabe Burkle

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Here's my list of the TE to watch, would love to get Burkle then hold to see where Micah Riley ends up. Official visit for Riley on June 4, has 5 officials scheduled in June so would expect to know on him soon. From Nebraska and has an offer from them but not interested so you know he's smart.

If he chooses elsewhere, take first to commit of the other two, both have 5+ P5 offers.

TE Micah Riley
TE Charlie Kenrich
TE Andrew Keller
TE Gabe Burkle

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Wonder why the haks haven't offered. Or does Gabe have no interest in them? Fine by me, but just find it weird that THE GREATEST TIGHT END FACTORY IN THE UNIVERSE doesn't have fifty crystal balls for a dude in their back yard.
They don't appear to be really showing any interest in him. They have had TE offers commit elsewhere and have offered new TEs but not Burkle. They are going after Riley-Ducker who I saw is recently listed as an Iowa lean and Keller and McCintosh.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I think some see Burkle as a possibility to bulk up further and move to the to the OL instead of TE. If that is how you view him, then it depends on your OL situation. Iowa added several O-linemen in the past two classes. I am impressed how Campbell and staff was able to adapt the offensive game plan to feature 2 & 3 TE sets last year. How would you like to be a defensive back trying to tackle Soehner with a head of steam? Ouch!

Reactions: CYdTracked

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think some see Burkle as a possibility to bulk up further and move to the to the OL instead of TE. If that is how you view him, then it depends on your OL situation. Iowa added several O-linemen in the past two classes. I am impressed how Campbell and staff was able to adapt the offensive game plan to feature 2 & 3 TE sets last year. How would you like to be a defensive back trying to tackle Soehner with a head of steam? Ouch!
I have to believe this was a major reason we landed Soehner. The dudes build and athleticism screamed " turn me into a LT". But CMC used him in his desired position and I hope it pays off in future recruiting.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It is why he seemed to be constantly playing through leg injuries. Everyone went for his legs because they didn't want to die.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Actually it also could help, we run multi sets. Multiple TEs draw safeties up making over the top opportunities available.
But there are fewer WRs that are on the field at a time. If we have a 3 TE set and you're the second string WR, you aren't on the field.