Correct me if I'm wrong...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
but don't we get to determine what schools we release players to, if we even release them at all? Isn't that why Wes Johnson didn't go to Kentucky? If these guys transfer, we could at least stop them from coming with Gene, unless they want to transfer twice, which is absolutely idiotic (but wouldn't surprise me right now)...

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Yes we can stop them, unless they go w/o scholarships and pay their own way at Auburn for a year. That's what the Iowa wrestlers who Tom Brands stole from Va. Tech had to do. As I recall, some of their parents tried to file a lawsuit against Va. Tech for not releasing their kids from their committment. Hopefully Chizik is honorable enough to leave all his players here, or things could get ugly quick.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Hopefully Chizik is honorable enough to leave all his players here, or things could get ugly quick.

I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath about any great expectations of Chizik's honor.

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006
Yes we can stop them, unless they go w/o scholarships and pay their own way at Auburn for a year. That's what the Iowa wrestlers who Tom Brands stole from Va. Tech had to do. As I recall, some of their parents tried to file a lawsuit against Va. Tech for not releasing their kids from their committment. Hopefully Chizik is honorable enough to leave all his players here, or things could get ugly quick.

Auburn is in the SEC. Something tells me they would do ok if they had to "pay their own way."