Cory Sutton being blocked by KSU's Snyder to transfer

southernfriedCY

Feb 11, 2009
"I told my coaches I was depressed there. I told my coaches I had to go counseling there. They just don’t get it. There are so many things messed up with that program.”

Ouch!

Whar Surly?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Two sides to every story. But unless or until KSU gives their side they are definitely going to look like the bad guys. Why block all 35 schools on his list?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonic1

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
That's pretty messed up. Blocking him from everywhere?! Really bad look and if what he says is true about the starting thing, that is also pretty messed up.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Two sides to every story. But unless or until KSU gives their side they are definitely going to look like the bad guys. Why block all 35 schools on his list?

Obviously K-State has their side of the story but blocking 35 schools can't be justified.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If the kid doesn't want to be there, what is the possible justification to not let him go?
They're letting him go. They just aren't letting him go anywhere else on scholarship.

That said, it will be interesting to see what K-State eventually offers up in explanation...this is not a ringing endorsement of their program and leadership as it stands right now...

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
1186627.jpg

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I don't want to sound like a K-State apologist, but a kid can make up any number of reasons for transferring, legitimate or not. If he's truly so depressed and anxious to get out of there, there are plenty of other schools to look at outside of those 35. That being said, 35 schools is a lot...

Edit: Can they block division 2 and FCS schools? I thought they were except from the transfer regulations.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't want to sound like a K-State apologist, but a kid can make up any number of reasons for transferring, legitimate or not. If he's truly so depressed and anxious to get out of there, there are plenty of other schools to look at outside of those 35. That being said, 35 schools is a lot...

There is no excuse to block that many schools. Blocking conference opponents and scheduled non-cons is perfectly fine but K-State has crossed the line.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Edit: Can they block division 2 and FCS schools? I thought they were except from the transfer regulations.
You think there were legitimate reasons they block every single school? It wouldn't matter what schools were on the list, Snyder was going to block them regardless.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't know if this is playing devils advocated here but if I were an HC at ISU I probably wouldn't release a kid to play for another Big 12 team or any big 10 teams either, at least the ones we find ourselves recruiting against regionally. ISU doesn't need to be UT or tOSUs JUCO.

The negatives of Iowa State blocking B1G schools would far outweigh any positives on the recruiting trail.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves