Covid Variant - Pack the Jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clones17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2020
Should we be concerned about this Covid variant preventing fans from filling jack trice stadium this fall? To be clear, I’m of the opinion we should pack the jack regardless but want to get everyone’s feelings on the topic. I can’t take another fall with an empty Jack Trice.

• Winner
  • Dumb
Reactions: CYEATHAWK and I@ST1

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Should we be concerned about this Covid variant preventing fans from filling jack trice stadium this fall? To be clear, I’m of the opinion we should pack the jack regardless but want to get everyone’s feelings on the topic. I can’t take another fall with an empty Jack Trice.

Should we be concerned? Yes. Level of concern is minimal though. For now.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Still a couple of months to get the vaccination numbers where they should be to make sure it happens.

Seems like Jack Trice will be open pretty much no matter what, there will be tough choices for Hilton though.

• Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
as soon as the vaccines are fully approved most state universities will require for students like other vaccines. idk if its possible to do for games.

Iowa Regent Universities cannot require students to have the COVID-19 vaccination.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA

I think the policy will and should be full capacity, and will probably include an encouragement for all to get vaccinated with unvaccinated "required" to wear a mask.....vaccines are readily available for anyone that wants one, and anyone that isn't comfortable can choose to not go.

How far that extends into the season depends on the currently unvaccinated either getting a shot or at least not filling up hospitals, duration of immunity, and the level of protection the herd has to any variants that arise in the next 4 months.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I don't think the state of Iowa needs to worry about restrictions in sporting arenas. The state government will make sure to step in to make sure restrictions don't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.