CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
AEW Dynamite coming to Wells Fargo in June. Debating on whether to go since it's relatively cheap.

Wanted them to come earlier in their existence because they do some smaller arenas so thought a show at Hilton could be a possibility.

But all the negatively I have with them now not sure. My go just pure curiosity at seeing in person the fact of their shows being 25% full at best.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Have to keep in that pro wrestling has become "tribalist", which is how it was in the late 1990s (before WCW really began to suck and WWF knocked it out of the park).

To those people that are of the opinion that AEW can do no wrong, within their echo chamber this will help Jack Perry, at least to an extent. But in the long run it's not going to help with ratings nor put butts in seats in arenas - because the rest of this see this as what it really is: a joke.
I saw AEW is coming to Des Moines in June. I’ve not watched any AEW and to be honest very little WWE is years. Was thinking of going to AEW, but now I question if I should. What’s going on? Why is it so bad?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I saw AEW is coming to Des Moines in June. I’ve not watched any AEW and to be honest very little WWE is years. Was thinking of going to AEW, but now I question if I should. What’s going on? Why is it so bad?
Tony is unable to say no to talent so you get this disjointed mess of a product where their 'top guys' are going 20 minutes with jobbers and putting together matches that don't make sense.

The in ring is pretty good if you like super modern wrestling and lots of flips and super kicks but there just isn't much substance to it.

Reactions: BigTurk

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
This crowd is nuts. I got goosebumps
No doubt, Rulzzz. I've seen some rabid fan bases but the French clearly took this to a whole different level and it's not even close, one I've never seen before. 11,000 plus people who probably hardly know English are singing both Orton's and Cody's theme songs word-by-word. They got so physically into this that they made the cameras shake. That's impressive.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
No doubt, Rulzzz. I've seen some rabid fan bases but the French clearly took this to a whole different level and it's not even close, one I've never seen before. 11,000 plus people who probably hardly know English are singing both Orton's and Cody's theme songs word-by-word. They got so physically into this that they made the cameras shake. That's impressive.

This is brilliant by wwe in taking an event that in a regular us city would be another meh ple but taking it to another country where fans are much more rabid turns it into a much better show.

US fans could learn alot from these foreign crowds. We are a spoiled bunch.

• Agree
Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
They said this was a record arena gate which makes me wonder. That arena holds around 11,000 and wwe has had ple's in much bigger arenas than that.