CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Go on your tube and watch some reaction videos. It’s really fun

Minus stone cold not doing the undertaker spot. It would have been next level had Lesners music hit after Cody won.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I totally don't understand what good showing that was supposed to do.
It doesn't change the mind of WWE fans or Punk fans.
It looks stupid.
I just don't get it. Such a bad move.

To go along with what AEW apologists call "Osperay cooking HHH" It's like, bros - Osperay didn't cook HHH; he ate 20 year old leftovers. And the sad thing is Renee knows it - you can tell with the "what are we even doing here?" look on her face.

The ship is seriously sinking. The only difference between AEW and WCW is Tony Khan doesn't have a corporate board to stop him from throwing nearly unlimited resources at a sinking ship. The only reason why I even have it on anymore is there isn't much else on TV on Wednesday nights, but I'm not really paying attention most segments.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
To go along with what AEW apologists call "Osperay cooking HHH" It's like, bros - Osperay didn't cook HHH; he ate 20 year old leftovers. And the sad thing is Renee knows it - you can tell with the "what are we even doing here?" look on her face.

The ship is seriously sinking. The only difference between AEW and WCW is Tony Khan doesn't have a corporate board to stop him from throwing nearly unlimited resources at a sinking ship. The only reason why I even have it on anymore is there isn't much else on TV on Wednesday nights, but I'm not really paying attention most segments.

I work at night, so I don't see it. I really, really enjoyed it for quite a while. This certainly looks like a sinking ship, though.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Amazing Smackdown where the Bloodline tree just gets better and better with Tama Tonga son of Haku. Jacob Fatu is also expected anytime now too.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

HHH slept his way to the top by....being married for 20 years and having 3 kids in what appears to be a happy marriage from all accounts and then earning the trust of some really powerful people on the TKO board.

I quit with AEW. It's a whole bunch of guys that should never have gotten out of bingo halls but found a money mark. It was the last chance for an alternative in our lifetimes and instead of a JCP with actual money behind it, we got PWG and guys doing fun moves with their friends while an adult man in a mask screens about them. Just sad.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also regarding tv changes next year, we all know Raw is going to Netflix but apparently SD is going to USA network and NXT is going to CW.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Also regarding tv changes next year, we all know Raw is going to Netflix but apparently SD is going to USA network and NXT is going to CW.
Correct. USA wanted to free up Monday nights because they're going to bid on a package of NBA games

SmackDown is going to start on Friday after the move but USA has the option to move it to Thursday if they choose.

Biggest problem right now is Raw is off USA in October but doesn't start on Netflix until January. They've got to figure out a home for those 3 months.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
HHH slept his way to the top by....being married for 20 years and having 3 kids in what appears to be a happy marriage from all accounts and then earning the trust of some really powerful people on the TKO board.

I quit with AEW. It's a whole bunch of guys that should never have gotten out of bingo halls but found a money mark. It was the last chance for an alternative in our lifetimes and instead of a JCP with actual money behind it, we got PWG and guys doing fun moves with their friends while an adult man in a mask screens about them. Just sad.

I'm a very casual fan at this point, but I agree with the AEW take.

I had hope when they hit the scene and had win-loss records, great announcer talent, and a buzz.

Now it's just all high spots and botches while out of ring stuff is whining and moaning.

If every goddam match has someone flying to the floor then flying to the floor doesn't have any impact. If I want to see aerobics I'll turn on the 20 Minute Workout.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Correct. USA wanted to free up Monday nights because they're going to bid on a package of NBA games

SmackDown is going to start on Friday after the move but USA has the option to move it to Thursday if they choose.

Biggest problem right now is Raw is off USA in October but doesn't start on Netflix until January. They've got to figure out a home for those 3 months.

Interesting I thought raw had home on usa through 2024.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Maybe that limbo period Raw streams on Peacock? That where PLE's are live and if your a wwe fan you probably/should have a Peacock subscription

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU