CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Haven’t followed wrestling closely for awhile but saw a ton of CM Punk is back chatter. Can someone give a 101 on the background and why it’s so shocking he is back?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Haven’t followed wrestling closely for awhile but saw a ton of CM Punk is back chatter. Can someone give a 101 on the background and why it’s so shocking he is back?

He's just been involved in alot of drama in 2 different organizations. In the beginning I was on his side but over the years I come to the conclusion that alot of the drama he creates is because of his own actions.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Been confirmed Drew immediately left the ring AND arena. Multiple videos show Seth being held back by Michael Cole with others blocking him while going after Punk. Rhea reportedly was flipping off Punk.

Also being reported the deal was signed this morning and MOST people in WWE, including talent, creative, and production, were unaware.

Was certainly a money move to sign Punk, but what will it do to the current roster?

Here's video of Seth. Is it real or storyline who knows.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
This is a promo we are running for Iowa Everywhere but I wanted to share it with my CFers. Easy to enter. We have 9 pairs of great seats that we're giving away for RAW on Monday. If you want to go, good chance here by entering.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Solid show. No CM Punk but 3 damn good title matches.

Seating once again sucked because it never fails that I a (large guy) get seated next to someone as big or bigger and with a floor seat on the end I had one butt cheek on my seat and the other half off.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
It was a real good show overall. R-Truth is fantastic, even if it's a remix of SZ and the Bloodline. Cody's line after the show about Punk was pretty funny too.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It was a real good show overall. R-Truth is fantastic, even if it's a remix of SZ and the Bloodline. Cody's line after the show about Punk was pretty funny too.

Coming to Des Moines is alot different now for Punk with how over Seth is and being the home state hero. I'll always be a Seth fan because he's from Iowa but his current face gimmick with the song and wardrobes that it looks like he borrows from Becky's closet are turning me off to his character. I really think and hope that Drew is taking the WHC at Day 1.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Edge just beat Christian for the AEW TNT title is one hell of a no DQ match.

Then Christian gets it back due to getting a MITB type contract right after the match.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Sounds like might be BOSS TIME!!!!!!

sasha-banks.gif

Guessing Andrade from AEW

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
WrestleMania Week! This Mania buildup has been great. The Rock back as the "Final Boss" has been amazing.

Listening to CM Punk's interview yesterday with Ariel Helwani and it's so good. Punk just firing nuke after nuke on the trash that is AEW.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
WrestleMania Week! This Mania buildup has been great. The Rock back as the "Final Boss" has been amazing.

Listening to CM Punk's interview yesterday with Ariel Helwani and it's so good. Punk just firing nuke after nuke on the trash that is AEW.
I’ve got 20 minutes left and it’s absolutely must see/listen too. He’s pretty much confirmed everything everyone already thought about AEW. It’s ran by a guy who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing, and being helped by guys who have no clue what they are doing.

Also, the thread title is completely relevant to the last two months of wrestling. I haven’t payed much of any attention to wrestling the last few years, and only payed attention to the viral stuff before that, but this build for wrestlemania has been must see television. It hasn’t been this entertaining since the attitude era. With WWE going to Netflix in January, it could end up being the best era ever once that starts.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just finished the Bray Wyatt documentary. So good but also an emotional rollercoaster that had me in tears throughout much of it. It was like the days after he passed all over again.