*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Sweet Sixteen ***

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Honestly, the Oops! Just Berries Cap'n Crunch should have been on here. It's the ******* best. ONLY the berries. Fuuuuuuuuck yes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I love Captain Crunch but it leaves my mouth feeling absolutely ripped up the rest of the day, and really thirsty afterwards.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It is correct several companies have a version of Raisin Bran (Kellogg's & Post the most common). I listed it under Post, which has the most generic version "Raisin' Bran" - Kellogg's is "Two Scoops Raisin' Bran."

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
Apparently I have been doing cereal wrong all my life. There seems to be a lot of complaining about cereal getting soggy or not having enough crunch. I can't eat most cereals unless they've soaked (not in the BYU way) a few minutes. I don't want to feel like I could chip a tooth while trying to wake up.
I judge a cereal on how the milk tastes at the end. If it didn't absorb enough, or have enough flavor to change the milk, that's inedible. If it's got some funky overly artificial taste that's a no go too.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Apparently I have been doing cereal wrong all my life. There seems to be a lot of complaining about cereal getting soggy or not having enough crunch. I can't eat most cereals unless they've soaked (not in the BYU way) a few minutes.

For me, there's a "sweet spot," so to speak, between the initial crunch/firmness and the soggy.

Some cereal varieties have a longer time frame for it.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Apparently I have been doing cereal wrong all my life. There seems to be a lot of complaining about cereal getting soggy or not having enough crunch. I can't eat most cereals unless they've soaked (not in the BYU way) a few minutes. I don't want to feel like I could chip a tooth while trying to wake up.
I judge a cereal on how the milk tastes at the end. If it didn't absorb enough, or have enough flavor to change the milk, that's inedible. If it's got some funky overly artificial taste that's a no go too.
This is where Frosted Mini Wheats puts all other cereals to shame. The bales soak up a good bit of milk yet leave behind a delicious drink when they are all gone. IMO

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha

• Winner
Reactions: RealisticCy