Cyclones Following Similar Ascention Path as Clemson?

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Listened to the CFP championship on ESPN Radio. During the post-game, the announcers mentioned how Swinney built the Tigers into a national championship team. Particularly I noted that Clemson the announcers mentioned Clemson had a number of really good D-linemen, and skill position players prior, but it wasn't until Swinney built his o-line to championship level that the Tigers started winning championships.

That comment really sounded familiar, because that's the albatross for the Cyclone FB program right now. Could ISU be the next Clemson?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Before we mock the OP, Campbell has mentioned Clemson with how they built things and thinks it can be done at Iowa State.

Yes, but most of us don't want people to get too overly optimistic where we start getting disappointed with season like this year in the near future. I want to move into the top two in the conference and the title game first, then get a NY6 bowl. That is the only thoughts I have now. I will amp them up if we get there.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Honestly, it is a similar mantra and model that coach wants. Last night several players were saying, Come to Clemson, where you don't have to worry about coaches." i.e. coaches leaving. The stability of keeping coordinators and assistant coaches, and paying them....does sound familiar.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
HoldYourHorses.jpg

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: aauummm and cykee05

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
He built a championship o line at Clemson. Iowa state has the worst o line in the nation. Until I see a competent o lineman on Iowa state, the answer is no.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron