Darks and Sed Johnson

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
What in the heck happened to these guys?????? I really did not expect zero production out of these two guys when the year started. Add that to the Money Reynolds injury and our receiving corps is very thin right now. We basically have three guys we throw the ball to, Williams, Hamilton, and Catlett.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
As has been said numerous times in numerous threads this season, injuries. They are not 100%, and have not been for a while.

Reactions: Aclone

isucy1234

Apr 2, 2009
Injuries to their hands? I've seen wayyyyyyy too many drops when the ball is thrown right to either of them.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I have no idea on Sed because we have never really seen anything out of him. I would say Darks is still not 100 percent. he just doesn't look as crisp as he should. Drops are also an issue.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Drops are an issue, and watch them: Neither of them makes sharp cuts either because they don't want to, or they physically can't.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Injuries to their hands? I've seen wayyyyyyy too many drops when the ball is thrown right to either of them.
Nice. Logical response. Also, maybe they are injured or maybe they just cannot separate from a D-1 D-back.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Simple answer. They aren't getting open. I don't know why they aren't getting open, and it doesn't really matter... they aren't getting open.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Nice. Logical response. Also, maybe they are injured or maybe they just cannot separate from a D-1 D-back.
There were drops, there were also over and underthrows, I remember seeing a few throws to Darks in the 4th quarter, one was a bounce pass, the other was high enough to go into the first row, (not literally, just not a good pass). I think the problems with the offense is equal fault across the board. Both Darks and Johnson need to have impact the rest of the season for us to be sucessful. That is the bottom line...

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
They have had their dropped passes, but our quarterback is not really showing a lot of confidence in his passing abilities. Hopefully things change around. I still think we can win 3 more games.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
They have had their dropped passes, but our quarterback is not really showing a lot of confidence in his passing abilities. Hopefully things change around. I still think we can win 3 more games.
Definately agree with you EddieISU.....:yes::yes:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
There were drops, there were also over and underthrows, I remember seeing a few throws to Darks in the 4th quarter, one was a bounce pass, the other was high enough to go into the first row, (not literally, just not a good pass). I think the problems with the offense is equal fault across the board. Both Darks and Johnson need to have impact the rest of the season for us to be sucessful. That is the bottom line...

If they were to get more seperation they would get better passes. Arnauds sharpness isnt quite there, but its not like he's purposely throwing the ball that poorly. He's trying to put it where the defender can't get to it since darks and sed j are struggling to get better seperation and running crisp routes. Also they have messed up routes a few times. Arnaud has shown he can deliver good balls, if it was squarely on arnaud for being at fault, hamilton, money, catlett, and williams wouldnt have very many catches either.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
These guys are putting a lot of pressure on Austen because they are not getting separation. Really, no one looks comfortable out there until they hit a couple plays in a row. On our first drive, they looked like they were just gonna rock, same with the last drive. Other than that they just don't look like they are all in rhythm which is huge for Herman's offense.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Darks was hurt to start the season, Sed got hurt on about the 3rd play. Neither one is healthy and I think it is hurting their ability to learn the offensive moves.

Reactions: Aclone

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Sed has done nothing since coming to Ames. Hes only a sophomore, so I suppose we wait.

Darks has been disappointing, but I suppose he has been injured. After one of the 'bad throws' by AA yesterday the players came off the field. Darks got screamed at by coaches.... AA got a pat on the rear.

Missing Houston Jones was big because he had actually proven to make big catches at times in his career, unlike Sed. Obviously losing a player as skilled as Reynolds is big.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Tons of potential in these two...outside of a few games from Darks last season - no production. I've seen Darks whine about this and that on Facebook this season - the attitude needs to go.

Frankly, please get Houston Jones back on the field ASAP and continue to look for Hamilton and Jake Williams. I'd also like to see more passes go to Catlett. He's proven he can find the seem and catch. I am aware of the fumble - at least the guy can run a route and catch - I don't expect fumbling to be an issue for him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron