Darks apology video

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Darks, you just became my favorite player. Obviously I care if you leave or stay and would love it if you were to stay. But with your apology tonight and how you handled yourself you've made me a Darius Darks fan for life no matter where you go.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
My advice to our present players. Stay put and don't do anything rash. See who we get as our next coach. Then work hard and have success. Have a great record next year. And then while Chizik is stinking up Auburn, and you are having a good season, everyone will shake their head and say "WHY couldn't Chizik win with these players, the new ISU coach is?"

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
My advice to our present players. Stay put and don't do anything rash. See who we get as our next coach. Then work hard and have success. Have a great record next year. And then while Chizik is stinking up Auburn, and you are having a good season, everyone will shake their head and say "WHY couldn't Chizik win with these players, the new ISU coach is?"

Good post. I like it!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
i am now ready for your apology. the kid apologized, he reacted incorrectly, he's 18/19, stressed over finals, his life has just changed drastically...and he made a mistake and said some stuff he regrets.

What's your excuse?

Last edited by a moderator:

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
i am now ready for your apology. the kid apologized, he reacted incorrectly, he's 18/19, stressed over finals, his life has just changed drastically...and he made a mistake and said some stuff he regrets.

What's your excuse?

What would I apologize for?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don't think Darius even needed to apologize. Should he have said the things he did in such a public forum? Probably not - but he was righteously frustrated and vented (probably not in the most productive manner). However, people stalking him on Facebook probably doesn't help him right now. I wish people would just give these players some time to sort their feelings out.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

I can't give you any more rep, but this post is right on. I think ISU had .500 talent or better last year, even with our weaknesses. We could have won the UNLV, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado, and aTm games. That is 7 wins. Coaching, not talent, cost us those games.

I think the coaching change is going to light a fire under this team for next fall like no other. I just hope the guys stick around. Imagine LJ next fall, that guy is going to hurt people!

The one thing to GC's credit is that he did seem to bring in some young men of high character. Darius realizing on his own that he was wrong and apologizing shows me something. It takes stones to admit you are wrong. Look at how upset many of us are, and we are grown-ups (supposedly:wink:).

Brighter days are ahead at ISU for those that stick around.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I don't think Darius even needed to apologize. Should he have said the things he did in such a public forum? Probably not - but he was righteously frustrated and vented (probably not in the most productive manner). However, people stalking him on Facebook probably doesn't help him right now. I wish people would just give these players some time to sort their feelings out.

Agreed! The players have more right than any of us to be upset and I don't think he really needed to apologize to anyone. But how cool is it of him to be willing to reach out to us fans and give us his perspective like that???

I hope he stays and does great things here! I hope this team sticks together and comes out on top next year and has the type of season that people make movies about.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Agreed! The players have more right than any of us to be upset and I don't think he really needed to apologize to anyone. But how cool is it of him to be willing to reach out to us fans and give us his perspective like that???

I hope he stays and does great things here! I hope this team sticks together and comes out on top next year and has the type of season that people make movies about.

VERY well-said!! :notworthy: Darius took the time to reach out to the fans despite the turmoil he's going through. And this is just a college-age kid who already has more on his shoulders than the average kid (the pressures of being an important part of a multi-million dollar business for the college while he's trying to get an education). I hope he stays and doesn't have to sit out a year or disrupt his education.