David Irving

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Love him for Dallas. Has not been the impact this season so far that I expected until today.

Coe was with Dallas in camp this season too.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Irving and Coe being a couple meat heads put some serious nails in Rhoads coffin. Really thought ISU could have had something good on defense that year. Glad to see Irving is doing well though.
I wouldn't even come close to pinning Rhoads fate on those 2. Rhoads fate was inevitable either way.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
That was a huge day
Irving had 4 tavkles, a sack, forced 3 fumbles and recovered one.

Coe is not with Tampa.

I was at the Gridiron scrimmage in August of his freshmen year

He was on the sideline and looked huge. And he was still 17 yrs old

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I wouldn't even come close to pinning Rhoads fate on those 2. Rhoads fate was inevitable either way.

I agree with your statement . However, those 2 played a huge role in ISU having no shot at winning in 2014. ISU had some nice pieces returning in 2014 to try and rebound from 2013. Then they end up playing guys that should be 3rd string interior D-lineman. As for Rhoads it amounted to another season of losing all the "good will" that he had build in Ames. 2014 really pushed him to the edge of the cliff,

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
3 Forced Fumbles in one game by a D-Lineman n the NFL. Damn that is a night to remember.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
See the first set of posts.
I did. And since there's no way he got kicked off the team for the silly stop sign it makes sense that others indicated he had domestic violence issues. So, thanks to them for answering the question...

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Irving and Coe being a couple meat heads put some serious nails in Rhoads coffin. Really thought ISU could have had something good on defense that year. Glad to see Irving is doing well though.

Rhoads not managing those guys right didn't help. There were a number of those guys. You have 120+ guys in the program. You have to know how to deal with different personalities and you have to be somewhat flexible and you have to find a way to get through to him.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He was figuring it out at ISU but he looks completely different at Dallas. Fast, explosive, high energy, all things that didn't apply often when he was at ISU.

I think he has said something about him figuring it out only when he was booted from the team.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Rhoads not managing those guys right didn't help. There were a number of those guys. You have 120+ guys in the program. You have to know how to deal with different personalities and you have to be somewhat flexible and you have to find a way to get through to him.
And in Coe's case they knew damn well what they were getting into.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I did. And since there's no way he got kicked off the team for the silly stop sign it makes sense that others indicated he had domestic violence issues. So, thanks to them for answering the question...
I knew it wasn't the only thing. But the stop sign carrying is emblem of a bone head. I think he justified his domestic assault by saying she broke his PS.......

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I agree with your statement . However, those 2 played a huge role in ISU having no shot at winning in 2014. ISU had some nice pieces returning in 2014 to try and rebound from 2013. Then they end up playing guys that should be 3rd string interior D-lineman. As for Rhoads it amounted to another season of losing all the "good will" that he had build in Ames. 2014 really pushed him to the edge of the cliff,
Totally agree, if you look back Robbie Garcia started... He is now a converted OLmen..... If that gauges it at all for you.....

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Uh, yeah there is a way that he got kicked off for that. As I recall there was a lot of question about the domestic assault as there was a lot of noise that the girlfriend (and her mother) was crazy and who was the actually instigator of violence was very much in question.

As a Cowboys fan I am a wee bit emotionally torn every time I see Irving play. It is great to see him successful with my team, but at the same time I am a little bit sad to think how things might have been different if he had made it work at ISU.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Uh, yeah there is a way that he got kicked off for that. As I recall there was a lot of question about the domestic assault as there was a lot of noise that the girlfriend (and her mother) was crazy and who was the actually instigator of violence was very much in question.

As a Cowboys fan I am a wee bit emotionally torn every time I see Irving play. It is great to see him successful with my team, but at the same time I am a little bit sad to think how things might have been different if he had made it work at ISU.

Uhhhhhhh, no there isn't. Irving didn't get kicked off the team for a stop sign. That's just uhhhhh, silly.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Uhhhhhhh, no there isn't. Irving didn't get kicked off the team for a stop sign. That's just uhhhhh, silly.

Domestic assault charges were dropped long before the riot incident and he was let go after that so if it hadn't have happened then it is doubtful he would have been let go.

But continue to be an ass to multiple posters in this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron