[DECOMMIT] 2021 QB Charles Wright

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Personally I think Purdy sticks around for his Senior year, either way I think this class will have 2 QBs. Need bodies in the room.
Yep, I think you're right. Might be a revolving door moving forward, as we are starting to see with Mitchell taking off this year. That's just the nature of college athletes anymore, especially QBs. You get beat out, just leave and find somewhere else to stick. I'd be surprised if both Dekkers and Bouman are here for all 4 years, unless one of them (Dekkers) switches positions. You could redshirt one and not the other, but then whoever redshirts will be playing behind a guy for 3 years. It's rare to see kids OK with doing that anymore.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’ll preface this by saying that I have some “wait and see” reservations about Wright—that have nothing to do with his ranking. But I’ve been thinking this for a while, and this thread seems as good of a place as any to say it.

It’s often said nowadays that Brock Purdy is about to go down as the greatest quarterback in Iowa State the history of Cyclone football.

Well, I don’t have much quibble about that. Matter of fact, I think that by many perameters, it’s already true.

On the other hand, I think that the way things are going under Matt Campbell, it might be more accurate to say that Brock is the best quarterback in the history of Cyclone football thus far.

Call him a trail blazer.

And this a new era of Cyclone football.

Reactions: psychlone99

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
He's no Dominic DeLira but as far a slightly undersized Texas QBs I guess he will do. Another Austin Texas QB only had two Power 5 offers 23 years ago that turned out okay.

I am completely fine if Wright is the QB of this class and we fill the other spots with top end trench guys. CMC has shown he can develop talent at QB and find diamonds at skill positions. While he has also developed line play, trench talent seems to always translate to success.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He's no Dominic DeLira but as far a slightly undersized Texas QBs I guess he will do. Another Austin Texas QB only had two Power 5 offers 23 years ago that turned out okay.

I am completely fine is Wright is the QB of this class and we fill the other spots with top end trench guys. CMC has shown he can develop talent at QB and find diamonds at skill positions. While he has also developed line play trench talent seems to always translate to success.

Feel better with 2 in the class. Purdy entering the draft is always possible and having two capable options in the 2019 class always increases the risk of one deciding to transfer out early.

Reactions: PsychedCy09

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
Feel better with 2 in the class. Purdy entering the draft is always possible and having two capable options in the 2019 class always increases the risk of one deciding to transfer out early.

I would be okay with two QBs too for the reason you state but not opposed to finding transfers either. The main point is I am fine with Wright being THE QB in this draft and I am not stressed if a higher rated recruit is not found.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Can't fault the kid. On to the next one.