Design v2.0 is now live for testing

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have activated the v2.0 design layout for people to tryout. You will not be able to post anything because I have deactivated all the registration features. If people like the new design, we can figure out if people want to test the v3.0 design I posted last night and go from there. Below is the link to the new design, let me know what you think. Please note that everything is different on the backend so you will notice some things will work differently, although not worse.

Also note that on the top left corner of the screen, you can increase/decrease the font sizes.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/beta/index.php

Please visit the new potential design and vote on the site if you like it or not.

[br][img:width=480&height=367]../../e107_files/public/1146592791_1_FT0_screenshot090_.jpg[/img][br]

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Looks Good.

One note though. I like being able to click on a poll on the right and being able to stay on the page I was viewing. When I clicked on the poll I was directed to a new page.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Only one thing... you have the latest news links in the top right corner, but the font is so small I can't really read it and it kinda messes it up so it's hard to read.

Maybe even one point bigger would help my machine and me out a little bit.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Looks great--very clean. I agree w/ BryceC--make the news links a tad bigger and it will be ready to go live. :)

CompCy

Apr 7, 2006
Ames
It looks nice, except it doesn't display correctly in Firefox 1.0.7 or 1.5. It appears to be a problem with the width of my windows being too narrow. The main text in the center flows into the objects on the right. If I expand my windows it is correct, but then my windows are huge.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Comp: I use Firefox too, and I haven't noticed that unless I make mine what I consider to be very small. Might just have to break down and resize that window.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I use Firefox and Opera exclusively so I will test to see what size it starts causing a problem and adjust the code a little bit so it wraps more. I can also make it so it only wraps to a certain extent before it would just put scroll bars on the bottom of your browser window. I'm getting away from the current layout that is all done by tables because it doesn't render and scale as well. The new design I'm playing with will allow me to add a bunch of new features without sacrificing the interface.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I may also eventually try to get it so the user can choose from the three layouts and use what they feel most comfortable with.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I like the rounded look of the new site... and how the black bar turns red when you scroll over it's corresponding link. But I do like how some of the features work on this site better... which may just because you haven't completely implemented them yet on the beta... so if you're talking just looks... I like the new one, the look of the forum part I'm not huge on, and also I like the current sites layout of the text on the front page. At first... I thought I might like the two column postings... however... with the narrow space for text... it just means more scrolling while reading a particular column. Basically, with my opinion... I like the current layout, with the look of the front page of the beta site.

2Xclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I like this style a lot. I would like to see you keep the scrolling capabilities in the "Latest Forum Posts" area. Good job.

CompCy

Apr 7, 2006
Ames
Jeremy, the beta site is looking better. It looks like you fixed the text wrapping problems with the articles. There is still a problem at the top of the page. There is the CycloneFantic logo and the "Latest News" is partially covering "Fanatic".

Also, there are a few other issues viewing it with Konqueror (and possibly Safari?) The shout box is shifted and goes off the right side of the page. And the last item of the latest news wraps into the black bar.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I don't have a mac so I am limited in my testing abilities for Safari. I will try to fix anything as it is brought to my attention but Safari follows the standars pretty well so I hope it handles everything a lot better than the current design.

By switching designs, I am trying to get to a completely new system that handles everything in a more standardized way so no matter where you are or what computer you're on, it shows the same way.

It's a big task moving system types like I plan on doing and that's why it takes so much testing and feedback:)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron