DirecTV drops the LHN in all markets outside Texas.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Surprised it took this long. They must have been tied into a long-term contract because that network is a complete crap-show for anyone not dressed in burnt orange.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I pointed this out the ISU Conference Schedule thread, but the LHN has the rights to 3 Big 12 conference basketball games this year (all 3 are Texas home games - obviously).

1/12 - Tech @ UT
1/19 - OU @ UT
2/6 - Baylor @ UT

OU is obviously impacted the most by this move

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The LHN must be part of the B12's television agreement with ESPN, otherwise, I can't imagine why any school would allow this to happen. K-State has been affected the last couple years.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The LHN must be part of the B12's television agreement with ESPN, otherwise, I can't imagine why any school would allow this to happen. K-State has been affected the last couple years.

Interestingly, OU also appears to control the rights to 2 B12 conference games - most likely will be on their "SoonerSports Network" label, which I believe is picked up by FS OK.

Edit: Here is the announcement from the Big 12:

All 90 league contests are slated for national or regional telecast in 2018-19. Currently, a total of 85 conference matchups will be seen on a national platform - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS or CBS Sports. In addition, the remaining five contests are slated for national and regional institutionally-branded outlets.

Last edited:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
So, it seems that LHN is only being dropped outside of Texas on DIRECTV's streaming service. DTV NOW has about 1.5 million subscribers, and DTV has about 20 million subscribers.

• Informative
Reactions: Dormeezy and jbindm

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
So, it seems that LHN is only being dropped outside of Texas on DIRECTV's streaming service. DTV NOW has about 1.5 million subscribers, and DTV has about 20 million subscribers.
Yeah, if it's just DTV Now it's not that big of a deal.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, if it's just DTV Now it's not that big of a deal.
It is if you have DTVNow. If our game against Texas is on that damn channel and I cant get it I'm gonna be pissed. I don't understand how they always seem to get to have conference games on their channel but no others can. Although I believe Cyclone.tv got the simulcast in past years maybe?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Yes, LHN is part of the ESPN deal.

No, as of now the Texas game won't be simulcast on Cyclones.tv.

ESPN decided to use one of their choices that weekend to put the game on LHN.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron