DMR interview with Rhoads

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Great interview.

I know in an earlier interview he talked how he would not hide behind the 10 game losing streak, not winning a Big XII game or having the longest road losing streak. He even made sure to bring up those issues in the interview. There really is no doubt in my mind that all three of those streaks will be gone after the first week of October this year.

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
The man knows how to put fire in your belly. Can't wait for the new season to begin. Doesn't help that my step-son started football camp yesterday. Makes it even harder to wait.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
The man knows how to put fire in your belly. Can't wait for the new season to begin. Doesn't help that my step-son started football camp yesterday. Makes it even harder to wait.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thought this, and maybe I'm just dead wrong, but it seemed like the players last year didn't play with any kind of emotion.

I think that will change this season.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I don't know if I'm the only one who thought this, and maybe I'm just dead wrong, but it seemed like the players last year didn't play with any kind of emotion.

I disagree and think they started the season with great fire and a chip on their shoulder. I do think that after the Kansas loss, Bates leaving, and the Baylor debacle that much of that edge was lost however.

Cycotic

Sep 16, 2008

You're not the only one that noticed this. When you have a coach who doesn't care about the team, it's hard for the players to get excited for a game.

I'm sure we'll see that same "emotion" at Auburn this year.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I disagree and think they started the season with great fire and a chip on their shoulder. I do think that after the Kansas loss, Bates leaving, and the Baylor debacle that much of that edge was lost however.

You're probably right. Those things would have been enough to take the wind out of any team's sails.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

100% agree. I was at the UNLV game and there was zero emotion. The crowd tried to pump up the players but it was almost like they were ordered to stay even-keeled. A few were noticeably holding back smiles at jokes coming out from the stands. The one player that showed emotion on the field was kicked out for a helmet-to-helmet, go figure.......

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

Right on number one...going into a season you just never know which game will be the turning point of the season...Last year it was the KU game.

After losing that lead you could see Chizik's confidence desert him and then of course good old cheesey-dip started calling mack brown to tell him that he wished he'd stayed in Austin.