Do you think Niang or other cyclones got paid?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I remember wondering when Morris got his new car if he got paid, or a loan knowing he was getting nba money.

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I remember Marcus Fizer driving a brand new SUV while he was on campus. But maybe it was just a loaner while his car was getting worked on!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I know of one player who received improper benefits.
Jiri Hubalek lived with a family in Marshalltown when he first came to the US. When he came to ISU the family let him use one of their cars. They were season ticket holders with Iowa. They also once upon a time had tickets to ISU (don't remember which sport). The car was nothing special, and it had Hawkeye plates. Jiri was suspended for three games by the NCAA...for driving around Ames in a Hawkeye car. :D

Then there was the Luca Steiger business. He lost a whole year. Then he played half the season the following year and walked out on the team to go back to Germany. :(

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I sure hope Niang would have bought a better car if he got paid at ISU.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I remember Marcus Fizer driving a brand new SUV while he was on campus. But maybe it was just a loaner while his car was getting worked on!
I remember that too. I think before that I would see him on a bike or cam bus.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Paid? Technically... Maybe not cash but indirectly receiving improper benefits... I heard a fairly recent player was getting his rent paid by an assistant.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I will never forget leaving ISU basketball camp one day when I was 15. Michalik jumps on his trusty bike and pedals off, James Hamilton jumps in a brand new Cadillac with insanely loud subs.

This was not too long after Blue Chips came out so my young mind ran wild with all the possible scenarios around that car!!!

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Guys were 1000% getting paid while Matt A was here and I don't have a problem with it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I remember wondering when Morris got his new car if he got paid, or a loan knowing he was getting nba money.

I thought that newish car that monte drove was still pretty old but who knows? It was a Mercedes or a bmw, but didn’t look super new. I always figured he got a loan got the last year.