Dog Training

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Does anyone know of any central Iowa dog trainers? We adopted a 3 year old female Shih Tzu who was used as a breeding dog. She was not house trained, didn't know how to jump, go up and down stairs and is very fearful of people in general and men especially. Right now we are most concerned with her going potty in our house. Most of the time she goes outside but then will go several times in on our carpet. If you know of anyone please let me know.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Does anyone know of any central Iowa dog trainers? We adopted a 3 year old female Shih Tzu who was used as a breeding dog. She was not house trained, didn't know how to jump, go up and down stairs and is very fearful of people in general and men especially. Right now we are most concerned with her going potty in our house. Most of the time she goes outside but then will go several times in on our carpet. If you know of anyone please let me know.

Mikki Johannes, Dog Training in Ames, Iowa 50010

My brother took his dogs here... pretty well behaved dogs.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
We adopted a Golden and she was very timid (especially of men as you said) at first and didn't really know right from wrong. We just slowly "trained" her, by telling her no or rewarding her. She doesn't go potty in the house anymore (based off of stern No's and a couple noses close to it), she didn't know how to play with a bone or anything and she does that daily now.

Depends how quick you want them trained, most dogs react to you over time. I would rather do it myself then pay someone.

Help Support Us

Become a patron