Dumbest Reality Show Concepts

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I prefer to watch the XL seasons as they are 40 or more days depending on the challenge. Lot more dynamics too when there are more than just 2 people as it's a lot tougher to make it to the end with the longer challenge and having to work with multiple people that have different ways of doing things. I find it interesting as doubt an average person would last long in a true survival situation like that.

I’m trying to think of a reason that the average person would find themselves in the wilderness naked. Maybe a wrong turn after hurrying out the back door of some lady’s house after her husband comes home? But that seems like an infrequent thing in itself.

Personally, I’m more likely to find myself naked in a zombie apocalypse than a wilderness survival situation. That’d be more representative of naked and afraid for me I guess.

Reactions: Nothingman

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Reality shows are a cheap cover for the lack of good writing and originality in Hollywood
I believe the first big wave of reality shows way back when was because of a writers strike going on.

I saw a commercial for We Are Family yesterday, and as soon as I saw the thread title here I knew it was inspired by that show. Mostly because I had almost exactly the same thought after seeing the commercial, lol.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
All "reality" shows are crap full stop. Never watched a second of any of them.

I like the contest reality shows like Survivor and such. Don't like the Actors who are now C level setting up scenes like they are really happening and calling it reality. Some are done really well and are more like Documentary style. The rest are just trash.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I’m trying to think of a reason that the average person would find themselves in the wilderness naked. Maybe a wrong turn after hurrying out the back door of some lady’s house after her husband comes home? But that seems like an infrequent thing in itself.

Personally, I’m more likely to find myself naked in a zombie apocalypse than a wilderness survival situation. That’d be more representative of naked and afraid for me I guess.

Yeah it's not realistic but I think the premise of why they do the show that way is it's a primitive form of survival where you are completely exposed to the elements and environment and have to adapt. They do usually make some kind of makeshift shoes and clothing and sometimes even have access to animal pelts too. I just find it interesting to watch as they are put in some pretty extreme locations where food and water can be scarce or there are dangerous predators or species to deal with. It's not like they are playing Survivor where they are basically on a vacation island like Fiji and have access to drinking water and other resources. This is actual survival and some of the people who actually teach or live out true survival situations can struggle to make it through a full 21 day or longer challenge.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I made the same comment to my wife on the "We Are Family" show. That could be the worst idea I've ever seen, and may be the tipping point where you can official declare we are out of good ideas.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
There will never be anything that tops this as far as stupid. But "Flavor of Love" comes a close second.

With the ball so big I couldn’t help but have vibes of midget wrestling and I laughed. Not sure if I should feel bad for laughing though.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
With the ball so big I couldn’t help but have vibes of midget wrestling and I laughed. Not sure if I should feel bad for laughing though.
I actually used to know a couple of the guys that were involved with it. They got a call to help out with something, showed up and got the **** shocked out of them. They laugh about it so I wouldn't feel bad about laughing either.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I knew a guy that was on Big Brother once. It's a massive joke.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The Masked Singer is beyond stupid.

Dancing With The Stars truthfully is "Dancing with the has beens, or Dancing with people you maybe heard of." Total joke.

Big Brother is really dumb and unwatchable.

I don't mind Survivor, although it's become too catty with the cast. I actually did audition to get on the show several years ago, but did not make the cut. I would not go on it today if I was asked.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I can’t believe full metal jousting only got one season.

Holy crap, I think I watched that whole season and hadn't thought about it for a second until this post.

I just remember watching it thinking these dorks are going to get someone killed while they do their role play.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
There will never be anything that tops this as far as stupid. But "Flavor of Love" comes a close second.

They almost nailed it. They should have gave a couple of the players the ones you can shoot at people that drop them in their tracks. You add that I will never miss an episode.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
My wife and I used to enjoy "The 70's House" on MTV in the early '00s. It was really dumb, but kind of fun at the time.

The 70's House

Edit: the commercial doesn't explain the show very well, but I couldn't find a good cone.