Eric Church

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Was he the expert picker for game day a few years back?

He is closing out CMA Fest on ABC tonight.

I don’t get the joke.

Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke?

And the sunglasses at night?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
He looked hungover and completely disinterested at CGD in Ames in 2019.

Maybe that's just how he rolls because his music has about the same personality and insight.

I’m not much of a country fan, but I did enjoy his early stuff (Sinners Like Me and Carolina albums).

Then of course he made it big and blends in with the rest of them.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone and JM4CY

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m not much of a country fan, but I did enjoy his early stuff (Sinners Like Me and Carolina albums).

Then of course he made it big and blends in with the rest of them.
He kind of changed after Chief.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
At least if we get GameDay again we've got Haliburton. His star has definitely risen to the point he could guest pick on Gameday and that seems like something he would love.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of certain types of country, and Church's early career flirted with that, but I never got his music, personally. He does rep some really good artists and often brings really good artists on tour with him, but "Drink In My Hand" is a note-for-note ripoff of Neal McCoy's "Wink" (you can straight up sing the choruses over top of each other) and "Springsteen" is ******* awful.

• Agree
Reactions: NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm a huge fan of certain types of country, and Church's early career flirted with that, but I never got his music, personally. He does rep some really good artists and often brings really good artists on tour with him, but "Drink In My Hand" is a note-for-note ripoff of Neal McCoy's "Wink" (you can straight up sing the choruses over top of each other) and "Springsteen" is ******* awful.

I was a huge Church fan too. But now he's bro country like everyone else. It happens to them all. And would likely happen to me too, if i were in his shoes $$$

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I was a huge Church fan too. But now he's bro country like everyone else. It happens to them all. And would likely happen to me too, if i were in his shoes $$$

People don’t like seeing artists “sell out” but it’s usually hard for me to fault guys for cashing in and getting some wealth for themselves.

I’d probably do the same but then revert back to the original style once I felt had “enough.” I’m not sure how much that happens though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
People don’t like seeing artists “sell out” but it’s usually hard for me to fault guys for cashing in and getting some wealth for themselves.

I’d probably do the same but then revert back to the original style once I felt had “enough.” I’m not sure how much that happens though.

I've wondered if some of these bands that hit big like in the 80s or 90s actually enjoy it more when they can still tour even if it's smaller crowds and venues.

They probably still sell just fine with long time fans and then maybe don't have to deal with the media craziness that comes with being a huge act.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron