Ernst

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
i do not even know how he is doing, but I think we would be a better team if we still had Brady Ernst. Big and strong kid. This team needs some kind of presence in the middle. No inside game combined by a lack of players who can create is hurting our offense right now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If he was good enough he'd still be here. Carter is better than Ernst and he still can't get minutes. The obsession of Brady Ernst blows my mind but he would have been at a JUCO if we didn't offer because we needed a practice body

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
what-not-to-say-to-mixed-race-4-1425496026.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I remember one play where I was yelling at the TV. Young had his guy pinned over the top, no help-side defense there, and Monte just stared at him. Would have taken nothing more than a simple lofted pass to the rim for a layup. It's funny because I think Hines took a screen shot of that exact play and put it on Twitter earlier today.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
yeah and can we bring back tsalpouris while we're at it?
If he was good enough he'd still be here. Carter is better than Ernst and he still can't get minutes. The obsession of Brady Ernst blows my mind but he would have been at a JUCO if we didn't offer because we needed a practice body
Respectfully disagree. Although I could not find stats, a recent article on Indian hills basketball stated that the 6'10" 230 pound Ernst was their leading scorer. I firmly believe he would be way more effective than Holden. I never understood keeping Carter over Ernst. Somebody, I assume jokingly, mentioned wishing the big Greek was back. That kid can't play either. Hopefully lard or kosongo can do something inside next year. Ernst reminds of a kid who will go to UNI (next year?) and set good screens, rebound And be strong enough to finish near the rim for 6/8 points per game. We get none of that this year.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Lolz. Yeah, a guy averaging 12 points this year in JUCO ball is the solution to our problems.

Ernst as a freshman last season: 6'9, 215 pounds. This season he's listed at 6'10, 230 pounds for Indian Hills.

Solomon Young as a freshman this season: 6-foot-8, 240 pounds. We have "big and strong."

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Respectfully disagree. Although I could not find stats, a recent article on Indian hills basketball stated that the 6'10" 230 pound Ernst was their leading scorer. I firmly believe he would be way more effective than Holden. I never understood keeping Carter over Ernst. Somebody, I assume jokingly, mentioned wishing the big Greek was back. That kid can't play either. Hopefully lard or kosongo can do something inside next year. Ernst reminds of a kid who will go to UNI (next year?) and set good screens, rebound And be strong enough to finish near the rim for 6/8 points per game. We get none of that this year.

If Ernst was better than Carter he would be here. It's pretty simple stuff