ESPN GamePlan

mojo

Apr 13, 2006
Manchester, NH
Need some opinions on whether or not the ESPN GamePlan is worth purchasing for those of us such as myself living far away from Big XII country (New Jersey)? I can't seem to find a 2009 tv schedule for ESPN GamePlan anywhere to determine whether any ISU games will be on it or for that matter even how many Big XII games will be shown on it. Looking for a way to enjoy ISU football and/or Big XII football here in Jersey

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
No idea about ESPNGame plan, we usually make Versus or Fox Sports Network if we're on TV I think.

Most games aren't decided that far ahead of time though...

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Need some opinions on whether or not the ESPN GamePlan is worth purchasing for those of us such as myself living far away from Big XII country (New Jersey)? I can't seem to find a 2009 tv schedule for ESPN GamePlan anywhere to determine whether any ISU games will be on it or for that matter even how many Big XII games will be shown on it. Looking for a way to enjoy ISU football and/or Big XII football here in Jersey

I was looking into getting this too, but it looks like they will only follow Florida, Alabama and some non-BCS schools - but they will have the Georgia - OK St. game
2009 NCAA Division I-A NCAA Football Scores and Schedules for Week 1 - ESPN

mojo

Apr 13, 2006
Manchester, NH
Well I could do Clone Zone at least for this first game, but i don't see they are going to cover any other games after that. Am i right about that?

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
If you don't have time warner internet you might get espn 360 for free, which usually carries the game plan games. However, we're not on ABC or ESPN very often if at all. If you have time warner cable you should upgrade the sports pack which gives you Fox Sports Pacific, Midwest, East and etc. It's like $3 a month, but I saw something like 11 of 13 games last year just by doing that in NYC. (Included a game or two on Versus, ABC, and/or Little11 network. This year doesn't look as promising so far, but we'll see.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Every Big 12 ABC game should be available on GamePlan.

There won't be a full schedule for any network (or PPV service) for football because once we get into October, game times and stations aren't determined until 12 days prior to kickoff.

mojo

Apr 13, 2006
Manchester, NH
If you don't have time warner internet you might get espn 360 for free, which usually carries the game plan games. However, we're not on ABC or ESPN very often if at all. If you have time warner cable you should upgrade the sports pack which gives you Fox Sports Pacific, Midwest, East and etc. It's like $3 a month, but I saw something like 11 of 13 games last year just by doing that in NYC. (Included a game or two on Versus, ABC, and/or Little11 network. This year doesn't look as promising so far, but we'll see.

Yeah unfortunately I'm stuck with Cablevision here in Jersey I think they carry a lot of those channels though, I've been trying for months now to convince my landlord to let Verizon come wire the place for FiOS since they do it for free.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Search for threads on this topic. I would say no it isn't worth it. Our games tend to be on Fox Sports channels and Versus, at least in years past. Sports packages that have these channels have been more worth it than the GamePlan.

ultracreative

Sep 8, 2006
...you should upgrade the sports pack which gives you Fox Sports Pacific, Midwest, East and etc. It's like $3 a month, but I saw something like 11 of 13 games last year...

This.

I live in Minneapolis and pay a little over $7 a month. But damn, is it worth it. You can see about any game in the country you'd like with this option.

I can't wait until Thursday when my girlfriend, who attended Notre Dame, gets a taste of what it's like to follow my beloved cellar dweller, ISU.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Well I could do Clone Zone at least for this first game, but i don't see they are going to cover any other games after that. Am i right about that?

That is correct. Our ****** media agreement for the Big XII effectively makes it so we cannot webcast any games on Friday or Saturday, irregardless of if TV picks it up or not.

Since NDSU is on a Thursday night, we can broadcast it on CloneZone.

Your other option is to listen to the games via the Cyclone Radio Network (aka radio streaming over the internet), which for this year requires a subscription to the CloneZone audio feed (seperate from the video for the NDSU game). It isn't nearly as much fun as watching, but all 12 games are covered.

price of the video for NDSU is $8.95/month and for audio is $5.95 a month (I believe)

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I am sure there will be a gamewatch in Jersey. You should contact the Alumni Association to see if anyone is setting up a gamewatch in your area. I live in Lawrence, KS (I know its in midwest), but we are planning to go to Alumni Association gamewatch event in KC to enjoy ISU vs. NDSU.

GOOOOO CYCLONES!

clone99

Sep 14, 2007
Iowa
Yeah, I would definitely lean more towards the fox sports channels, than espn game plan ( we don't care about any team east of the mississippi unless it is the Pac 10)

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
If you can't get ESPN360 then you are probably better off purchasing single games rather than the season package. If past seasons are any indication, they will probably only show one or two ISU games on gameplan. The Fox College stations have been very good to ISU fans the past few years.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Espn 360 carries every game that would be on the gameplan package...watching on cpu monitor vs tv for 100 bucks less is what that boils down to.

however your internet provider might not carry gameplan...go to 360 and it'll let you know right away.

Last year ABC carried some other game here, so i used 360 to watch the ISU/OSU game.

If your 360 is not carried in your area, then get a buddy somewhere else to create an account(on espn) for you then set up the remote access for 360.