Farmageddon 2025 - Ireland

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Farm O’Geddon

My extended family and myself have been thinking seriously about an Ireland-England-continent trip.

So, what I hope to learn eventually, since this would be my top overseas trip ever, is tips how to incorporate this Cyclone game into an overall immersive trip.

Advice from travel mavens would be highly prized. Thanks!

Reactions: gbjames5

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
My extended family and myself have been thinking seriously about an Ireland-England-continent trip.

So, what I hope to learn eventually, since this would be my top overseas trip ever, is tips how to incorporate this Cyclone game into an overall immersive trip.

Advice from travel mavens would be highly prized. Thanks!
Big trip, how many weeks and what part of the mainland?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Big trip, how many weeks and what part of the mainland?

It's open right now. My interest is WWII, WWI American sacrifice. But, I enjoy long history, so if I go I will dig into so many sources.

My family might have different objectives, which I respect. My sons are 36 and 38, the eldest with a wonderful wife and two young sons under age six.

All is open. At my age, I don't intend to restrict myself in time.

I appreciate it if you have suggestions to offer. Thanks!

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Ill be making the trip. I have over a year to convince my wife to allow a pit stop in Scotland on the way back to play St Andrews.

Reactions: 1100011CS

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
1st game of the season, I'll pencil in the L. But it would be a heck of a trip. Maybe this yr we will look good early so I'll be more enthusiastic about early season games against decent opposition.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
As I teacher and also an Iowa St grad… this game in Ireland doesn’t make too much sense. I’ve heard marketing and branding…but..this game will be watch by..an alum, a rival, and those that don’t want to sleep in. I know it sounds cool and exciting…doesn’t do much for me. Take away a chance for home fans (yes, I know we are away) to have an effect! I know many that would be pissed to lose a home game! Not one fan base ever wants that! With that… great friend with a k st grad and he isn’t happy! Negates home field and true farmageddon! Goodby big 12!

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
As I teacher and also an Iowa St grad… this game in Ireland doesn’t make too much sense. I’ve heard marketing and branding…but..this game will be watch by..an alum, a rival, and those that don’t want to sleep in. I know it sounds cool and exciting…doesn’t do much for me. Take away a chance for home fans (yes, I know we are away) to have an effect! I know many that would be pissed to lose a home game! Not one fan base ever wants that! With that… great friend with a k st grad and he isn’t happy! Negates home field and true farmageddon! Goodby big 12!

I'm sorry that you're a teacher and can't go.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron