FARMAGGEDON T-Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Probably a bit too late, but I am going to stop by Dogtown in the morning and see if I can't have FARMAGEDDON printed on the back of a new ISU t-shirt...

Maybe they can get it done within two days? I don't know about their work load to do something like that on short notice.

Anyone else sporting a FARMAGEDDON shirt for this game? I know a lot of people will have heard the term, but if there are a bunch of t-shirts at the game that have it on there, it's bound to catch on and stick around for good... :yes:

*MODS - Can you change the spelling in the title please? Farmageddon.

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
iowa_wildcat found this link and I think it has some great ideas:

Clock ticking toward "Farmageddon" | Drovers.com - Industry News

They mention a lawn mower tractor pull between the schools ag. engineering programs. Guess what? Could EASILY be set up, because both programs already have mini-scale power pulling teams.

I like it (the creation of the Farmageddon Rivalry) because it's a pretty unique idea and it would be a cool tradition for both schools.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Well let's look at our current rivalries in football:

Iowa - Finally somewhat competitive again . . .
Missouri - Battle for the Telephone Trophy, that I personally don't consider much of a rivalry.
Nebraska - They've been beating us handily for a long long time.

So here is two programs, who honestly, have sucked about equally over time, developing something that could be a competitive game that celebrates agriculture and football at the same time.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Anyone who thinks this is a great idea, is a moron IMO.

Are you ashamed of people who have to "stoop down" to the level of farming and feed the world? Including disrespectful people such as you?

I don't get it with people who rag on farming. Must be a city person thing. :confused:

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Dude, you're 19 maybe 20. You gotta learn to stop and smell the roses or high blood pressure will kill you for sure. You are taking this whole game (Farmaggedon) and life way too seriously. Lighten up and have some fun. It is a game between two teams that are mediocre at best. The winners prize is most likely not having to worry about losing to Colorado and winning the Big 12 North cellar outright.

Man, I watched my team play in the first game of the season. They suck! Guess what? I am going to enjoy the season each and every Saturday regardless.

I have not seen Iowa State play this year. I know Paul Rhoads personally and like him very much as a human being. I just have no idea if his team is any good. I'll cheer for them the rest of the year however, except for Saturday's game.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
It's promoting how prominent ag is in both schools.

Get over yourself.

I just don't like it. God forbid I have a differing opinion.

Are you ashamed of people who have to "stoop down" to the level of farming and feed the world? Including disrespectful people such as you?

I don't get it with people who rag on farming. Must be a city person thing. :confused:

Please explain how I'm ragging on farming? Did I say it? No. I just think the idea is stupid, doesnt mean I'm ragging on hard working people... Way to put words in my mouth ********.

Dude, you're 19 maybe 20. You gotta learn to stop and smell the roses or high blood pressure will kill you for sure. You are taking this whole game (Farmaggedon) and life way too seriously. Lighten up and have some fun. It is a game between two teams that are mediocre at best. The winners prize is most likely not having to worry about losing to Colorado and winning the Big 12 North cellar outright.

Man, I watched my team play in the first game of the season. They suck! Guess what? I am going to enjoy the season each and every Saturday regardless.

I have not seen Iowa State play this year. I know Paul Rhoads personally and like him very much as a human being. I just have no idea if his team is any good. I'll cheer for them the rest of the year however, except for Saturday's game.

I'm 20, and I don't care honestly. I stated my opinion, and you guys rag on it. But thanks, that's what makes the world so great, there are differing opinions.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA

He just wanted to make a shirt for something that now has a pretty fun and catchy title. Even if it doesn't become a rivalry, having it in KC and calling it Farmagedon and making t-shirts out of it seems to be taking things pretty light.

Maybe "Our drinking school has a bigger ag problem then yours" would make it light enough?

I don't think a rivalry with KSU would be any worse than our beatdowns at kNU or be any worse then our "rivalry" with Mizzou.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
We agree on something? something must be in the air tonight

ya it's my stinky fart haha Why do we want to hick out this game?:confused::confused::confused:

Edit: I actually think it's a good idea to promote our schools cores. Disregard the hick comment since that would be referring to myself. (farmboy)

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Please explain how I'm ragging on farming? Did I say it? No. I just think the idea is stupid, doesnt mean I'm ragging on hard working people... Way to put words in my mouth ********.

I'm 20, and I don't care honestly. I stated my opinion, and you guys rag on it. But thanks, that's what makes the world so great, there are differing opinions.

I don't want this to turn into a bigger argument than it already is, but to answer... you didn't offer any explanation to your opinion and called me and others morons for liking this idea. I was just wondering if you were one of those people who seems to get a kick out of calling people "redneck farming hicks", etc., since you seem to like name-calling. I didn't directly say that you DO rag on farming, rather, just wondering out loud why it seems to be un-cool to have pride in a farm or country background with a lot of people these days.

I'm glad you aren't one of those people. You can have your opinion, you don't have to like the idea. Some of us "morons" do like it, and you can't stop our fun! :biglaugh:

Anyways, does anyone have any experience with the t-shirt idea I had? Could they do that in a short amount of time?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Ok lets have Business Bowls, ArchitectureAgeddons, EngineeringAdgeddons, BiologyAggedons while were at it. And to answer you're question, it takes awhile for those places to make shirts. It took a week for my Letters shirt from tgalaxy and Intensitee took awhile for shirts i made in early september. ANd why have pride in something I'm not? Seems a bit moronic.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Actually ISU is really an Engineering and Liberal Arts university. Agriculture is really tertiary with Human Sciences and Business.

Fall 2009 enrollment by college

Agriculture & Life Sciences: 3,788

Business: 3,750

Design: 1,906

Engineering: 6,026

Human Sciences: 3,760

Liberal Arts and Sciences: 7,398

Veterinary Medicine: 564 professional; 103 graduate

Interdepartmental Units and Graduate Undeclared: 650

TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 27,945

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Ok lets have Business Bowls, ArchitectureAgeddons, EngineeringAdgeddons, BiologyAggedons while were at it. And to answer you're question, it takes awhile for those places to make shirts. It took a week for my Letters shirt from tgalaxy and Intensitee took awhile for shirts i made in early september. ANd why have pride in something I'm not? Seems a bit moronic.
What would we call the game with the "College of Human Sciences"? :wink:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Actually ISU is really an Engineering and Liberal Arts university. Agriculture is really tertiary with Human Sciences and Business.

Fall 2009 enrollment by college

Agriculture & Life Sciences: 3,788

Business: 3,750

Design: 1,906

Engineering: 6,026

Human Sciences: 3,760

Liberal Arts and Sciences: 7,398

Veterinary Medicine: 564 professional; 103 graduate

Interdepartmental Units and Graduate Undeclared: 650

TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 27,945

I would say that many kids in other programs besides Ag majors still have distinct ties to farming (from a farm), thus another reason why we are often labeled an Ag school.

Status
Not open for further replies.