FARMAGGEDON T-Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I would say that many kids in other programs besides Ag majors still have distinct ties to farming (from a farm), thus another reason why we are often labeled an Ag school.

Whatever you have to tell yourself. Face it, there's almost twice as many in Liberal Arts and Sciences and many more in Engineering. Ag is as relevant as Business and Human Sciences. I think Ag people have an over-inflated self-worth in relation with Iowa State University.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Whatever you have to tell yourself. Face it, there's almost twice as many in Liberal Arts and Sciences and many more in Engineering. Ag is as relevant as Business and Human Sciences. I think Ag people have an over-inflated self-worth in relation with Iowa State University.

This is true, but LAS at ISU isn't worth much. I would know. Couple that with the fact that probably 1/2 of those in LAS aren't planning to do anything after they graduate other than get married and fart babies.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Growing up a farm boy and now being a khaki wearing city boy who works in an office setting, but who still manages to get out in the old John Deere 4440 from time to time...I must say this is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. I guess some of you just don't get around the state of Iowa or ISU that much.

First off if someone wants to dub this game or rivalry Farmageddon and put it on a shirt, let 'em, I get it. If you don't like it. Don't buy or get a shirt promoting it or w/e.

Secondly, since when is being from a farm or in ag make you some dumb hick? I was raised on a farm and I am nothing close to a redneck, my sister (isu grad) was raised on a farm and got her masters at UPenn, an ivy league school and works at Cornell in NY. City folk and country folk all have their bright and stupid abundant.

Lastly, If you get around Ames or Iowa State a lot, most of the place and time it would be hard to tell it's an "ag" school. ISU should be very proud of it's ag background, but it is WAY much more than just that, and I'd prolly think of it as an engineering school first honestly...

I know this turned long but I guess my point was to say Iowa State is a huge conglomeration of city and farm kids. And I get if they city kids don't wanna be lumped into the farmer category and vice versa. Let's just celebrate the diversity of the school. Because that's what really makes it quite amazing. Go State!

Reactions: Enginerd

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
People take themselves way too seriously. Have fun with it or ignore it. I feel sorry for people outside ISU or KaySU that turn their nose up at it. I myself, not a farmer, will own it and will take pride in it. I say use it to put a jersey on every big ole farmboy we can find.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
This is true, but LAS at ISU isn't worth much. I would know. Couple that with the fact that probably 1/2 of those in LAS aren't planning to do anything after they graduate other than get married and fart babies.
You are an utter imbecile.

Reactions: Enginerd

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I know this turned long but I guess my point was to say Iowa State is a huge conglomeration of city and farm kids. And I get if they city kids don't wanna be lumped into the farmer category and vice versa. Let's just celebrate the diversity of the school. Because that's what really makes it quite amazing. Go State!

Diversitygeddon...I like it!! Anyone want to make a t-shirt?:wideeyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.