Final Record Prediction

What will or final regular season record be this year?

• 11-1 and an unlikely trip back to Dallas (LOL - for the sunshine pumpers)

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • 10-2 lose the OU game, but somehow beat everyone else (sure...)

Votes: 23 5.8%
  • 9-3 everything goes

Votes: 92 23.0%
  • 8-4 we win in the margins

Votes: 139 34.8%
  • 7-5 where I'm at today

Votes: 87 21.8%
  • 6-6 Rhoads special

Votes: 35 8.8%
  • 5-7 prelude to next year's pain

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 4-8 all defense, Iowa game offense rest of the year

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 3 wins or less - Heacock tired of this **** and sits back to watch it burn

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I think this is a 7-5 team this year. If things get somewhat fixed, I could see 8-4, maybe even 9-3 if most breaks go our way. At worst I would say 5-7 or 6-6. I think the defense will put us in decent position in most games, but it's all riding on the offense/special teams performance. What do you all think?

Last edited:

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
My three keys to the season going in were: 1) avoiding injuries (probably going worse than we know right now, but nothing devastating so far), 2) turnovers (-2 on season after yesterday I believe and those were all costly yesterday), 3) special teams (pretty bad overall last year outside of a few big plays, and not looking good so far).

I'd have to agree we're looking at more like 7-9 wins if these issues do not improve.

Reactions: CyBobby

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not sure what to predict for regular season, but our season somewhat hinges with our game at Baylor in 2 weeks. Baylor looks like they might be improved and we don’t play well in Waco typically. Also Campbell tends to struggle with Gundy and Norman won’t be easy. Also Manhattan is always tough. 8-4 wouldn’t shock me.

Lose at Waco in 2 weeks though and this looks more like 2019s 7-6 season instead of last years.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
To me, 9-3 is best case at this point with losses to OU and someone else on the road (WV or K-State most likely). Could see us losing both of those. Doubt we end up worse than 7-5 and even after yesterday we should win the next 3 to get to 4-1 heading to Manhattan. I struggle to see us only losing 1 more even with how great the D is because the offensive and ST issues are more systemic than fluky. Hoping the team proves me wrong.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
JFC, we just played the best defense on the schedule and the 2nd toughest game the entire year(even though a bunch of idiots over the summer had this game as the 5th or 6th toughest the entire year).

This defense will keep them in every game and if we even break even with this offense instead of -4 it will be good enough to beat a majority of Big 12 teams.

This is still the 2nd best team in the Big 12, go watch other games. Texas is a dumpster fire, West Virginia can't compete with the 12th best Big 10 team, K-State may be without their QB again when we play them.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
JFC, we just played the best defense on the schedule and the 2nd toughest game the entire year(even though a bunch of idiots over the summer had this game as the 5th or 6th toughest the entire year).

This defense will keep them in every game and if we even break even with this offense instead of -4 it will be good enough to beat a majority of Big 12 teams.

This is still the 2nd best team in the Big 12, go watch other games. Texas is a dumpster fire, West Virginia can't compete with the 12th best Big 10 team, K-State may be without their QB again when we play them.
We also played the 10th best offense on our schedule yesterday. We can sit here an sugarcoat yesterday, but it was pretty discouraging to see the way we’ve looked the first 2 weeks with 20/22 starters returning.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Skyler Thompson likely out the rest of the year so that changes my thoughts on that game

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We also played the 10th best offense on our schedule yesterday. We can sit here an sugarcoat yesterday, but it was pretty discouraging to see the way we’ve looked the first 2 weeks with 20/22 starters returning.
Oh really? 10th best huh? They actually averaged 31ppg last year with that same Qb. Maybe it's because ISU has a championship defense and held them in check, plus when you are creating that many turnovers you don't need your offense to do anything except play ball control.

They'll putup over 40 on alot of those Big 10 west teams.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron