Fires, splash!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In case anyone wants to relive one of the coolest moments I've seen an ISU basketball player and players have in some years.

The whole thing. The intensity, the ball working around, the dribble to set it up, Brockington celebrating for his boy, the shot of the fans--I think family section-is that IZB's dad? I think I saw him out in the concourse.

About the :21 mark.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Anyone got a JW call of it anywhere? I saw the clip of him talking as we won the game but would love to hear his call of both Tyrese’s late threes

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
"Tyrese Hunter...taking LSU's heart."

Ooo. I like it.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I thought it was pretty cool when the LSU defender gave him a pat on the backside as they were running down the floor after that.
That was pretty awesome. Days was great as well. Despite all their talent they would be a pretty easy team to root for if not playing ISU. Their guys played hard and didn't do much whining. They were short on shooting and ball security.

As a contrast, Wisconsin has the fake tough guys. When things start going sideways these guys that are "competitors" get exposed for the mentally weak whiny ******* they are.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wasn't that earlier?

But yeah that was cool and LSU's players were the prime example of gamesmanship compared to the next round.
Yeah the butt pat I think was at 1:46 to put ISU up by 4. That shot was closer to the top of the key than than the 45.

I thought those 2 threes were on consecutive possessions, but IZB made a couple free throws in between.

Also realized Days missed 3 free throws in the last 2 minutes in what ended as a 2 possession game... ouch. That would have changed the tenor of the game a lot.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wasn't that earlier?

But yeah that was cool and LSU's players were the prime example of gamesmanship compared to the next round.

Davison stomping Conditt’s ankle trying to end his career is a worse kind of cheating than recruiting violations imho.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
In case anyone wants to relive one of the coolest moments I've seen an ISU basketball player and players have in some years.

The whole thing. The intensity, the ball working around, the dribble to set it up, Brockington celebrating for his boy, the shot of the fans--I think family section-is that IZB's dad? I think I saw him out in the concourse.

About the :21 mark.

Yes that's Brockington's dad. I believe Hunters brother is behind him with the red hat.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron