First Place

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The team is really dialed in on defense. They really do have all the pieces necessary to make a run. Guards that can create their own shot and pass. Really good depth inside. A post up threat in King. They don’t rebound well and the guards can be a little streaky, but for them to lose, they need to have multiple guys off and let it come down to free throws. They’re just really tough and will be a tough out for anyone

I guess my only concern would be foul trouble, injuries and teams that can play 5 out and hit 3’s.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I guess my only concern would be foul trouble, injuries and teams that can play 5 out and hit 3’s.

And of those, I'd say the biggest concern would be the elite 3pt teams. Injuries would suck, but our depth is so damn good that any one injury would not be a death sentence. Same thing for fouls.

Watson and Pav would play a lot of minutes for many other teams.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
The team is really dialed in on defense. They really do have all the pieces necessary to make a run. Guards that can create their own shot and pass. Really good depth inside. A post up threat in King. They don’t rebound well and the guards can be a little streaky, but for them to lose, they need to have multiple guys off and let it come down to free throws. They’re just really tough and will be a tough out for anyone

Imagine a team with only a few days to plan against our defense. They won’t know what’s coming for them

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Monday night at Houston is a huge game for both programs. I'm sure we will be road dogs but anything can happen with this team. Man if we did pull out a W we would be in great shape coming down the home stretch. I have a ton of respect for Kelvin Sampson but I'd rather not see a newbie win the regular season.

Reactions: NWICY and MeanDean

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Monday night at Houston is a huge game for both programs. I'm sure we will be road dogs but anything can happen with this team. Man if we did pull out a W we would be in great shape coming down the home stretch. I have a ton of respect for Kelvin Sampson but I'd rather not see a newbie win the regular season.

I ruled it out weeks ago, but I won't rule it out now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To me TT will be a big game. If we can hold home court against them and BYU. Then a single loss to Houston wouldn’t hurt as much. Although I may need to cheer for Kansas in the last game against them (I just threw up in a mouth a bit typing that) I see.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
To me TT will be a big game. If we can hold home court against them and BYU. Then a single loss to Houston wouldn’t hurt as much. Although I may need to cheer for Kansas in the last game against them (I just threw up in a mouth a bit typing that) I see.
Agreed. I also think the only game that matters is the next game. Once a team starts to look ahead in this conference, they'll be looking up in the standings. Can't take any teams for granted, even when WVU comes to Hilton. One game at a time...