First year records of new Big12/Big10 coaches

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Here is a list of coaches that have taken over struggling Big 12 and Big 10 programs over the last few years and their first year records. Give Gene some time.

Mangino - Kansas 2-10 (0-8 Big Twelve)
Hawkins - Colorado 2-10 (2-6)
Pinkel - Mizzou 4-7 (3-5)
Zook - Illinois 2-9 (0-8)
Gundy - OSU 4-7
Hoeppner (RIP) - Indiana 4-7 (1-7)
Brewster - Minn. Currently 1-5 (0-3)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You can state this stuff until you're blue in the face. However...these things still remain...

- There will be the irrational fans that think Chizik should be shown the door.
- There are those that thought we would and should have won 7+ games this year.

I knew this would be a rough season. Now, I did not expect us to lose to Kent State, UNI and Toledo, but, we did. I'm disappointed about that yet I'm not jumping off a cliff just yet either.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
This whole debate proves a theory of mine. People are dumb. I guess it's not a theory since it's been proven time and time again.

People are not dumb. I expect people to be impatient. With Iowa State wanting to get out of the "play not to lose" mentality, people expect "play to win" attitude out of the coaches. Unfortuantely we still have that mindset - having said that, these are still DMac's players. They went through a lot, it takes a lot for Bret Meyer or Todd Blythe to not be in a championship big 12 game and let go. People feel for them. This is why, people seem dumb to be impatient. We are Iowa State and we are hungry for wins.

With all that said, Chizik is still the man. I have seen his team never give up. That's a big change from the last 12 years. I am in for the ride. He can and will take us to BCS ranking and more in the next 3 years.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Here is a list of coaches that have taken over struggling Big 12 and Big 10 programs over the last few years and their first year records. Give Gene some time.

Mangino - Kansas 2-10 (0-8 Big Twelve)
Hawkins - Colorado 2-10 (2-6)
Pinkel - Mizzou 4-7 (3-5)
Zook - Illinois 2-9 (0-8)
Gundy - OSU 4-7
Hoeppner (RIP) - Indiana 4-7 (1-7)
Brewster - Minn. Currently 1-5 (0-3)

Ya, but this is ISU......WE are not used to mediocrity and we expect to win way more games then we will ever lose. We pay these coaches WAY TOO MUCH to NOT EXPECT to be in the top 8 even though this is his first year. This is ISU people, I expect better this this........:realmad::realmad::realmad::skeptical::no::sad::confused:

OK, I have been spending too much time on HN and HR reading the impending meltdown and enjoying it WAY TOO much and almost started taking on their mentality. Very good post c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s, you deserve much rep for actually posting something objective to these IDIOTIC complainers who are expecting too much.