Football Seat Selection

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Just paid for my tickets. They took down my email address. The kid created an account for me and said I would receive an email in a couple of days. Will the password be in the email for this account or do you create your own after you get your email ?

Just go to the site and reset your pass.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Not changing seats; no point to worry about my time. Email deleted.

Color me intrigued. Please keep us abreast of each email inbox action you take.

Protip: Don't send the next Eddie Bauer newsletter to the trash unopened. 40% off sitewide, clearance items to boot!

Last edited:
Reactions: wxman1

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Football seat selection is sweet this year. I really like having the preview. The only problem I had was that my preview timer ran to 0 five hours earlier than my time for picking. I hoped that meant I could pick earlier, but alas, the time in my email was the time I had to pick. At any rate, I got 5 of the 9 seats I was hoping for. One of you other slobs must have beat me to the other 4. Oh well.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Football seat selection is sweet this year. I really like having the preview. The only problem I had was that my preview timer ran to 0 five hours earlier than my time for picking. I hoped that meant I could pick earlier, but alas, the time in my email was the time I had to pick. At any rate, I got 5 of the 9 seats I was hoping for. One of you other slobs must have beat me to the other 4. Oh well.

I must have had the same time. I also checked according to the clock but couldn’t do anything

RogerQC

Mar 5, 2014
Quad Cities
I must have had the same time. I also checked according to the clock but couldn’t do anything
I just checked and my timer is moved ahead 5 hrs also. Was thinking that was strange.
Gold seats getting eaten up in the last few days !
I don't pick until Monday I'll try at the new time of 10:30 a.m.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Can anyone confirm, I do not see that you can change seats within the SEZ. Also, where is this "timer" that has been mentioned?

EDIT: OK, my selection time has arrived (12:30) and the system is down. Now what?

EDIT: It's now 12:48 and system still down. Of course it is lunch time so likely no one there to fix the problem.

EDIT: 1:27 p.m. - I called the ticket office. She had no indication the system was not working. However, she then informed me that no tickets are available in the SEZ, therefore no one can move to different seats within the SEZ. I guess I'm just talking to myself now anyway, but in case this helps anyone else....

Last edited:

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Can anyone confirm, I do not see that you can change seats within the SEZ. Also, where is this "timer" that has been mentioned?

EDIT: OK, my selection time has arrived (12:30) and the system is down. Now what?

EDIT: It's now 12:48 and system still down. Of course it is lunch time so likely no one there to fix the problem.
Call the ticket office. someone will answer and help you

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I finally got to pick my seats this morning. I understand the reasoning, but sucks you can't choose seats if your choice leaves 1 seat by itself. I only have 3 tickets so there were quite a few groups of 4 that weren't available to me. Also, there were quite a few singles so not sure how those people were able to do that?

It would be awesome if there was a little bio of the season ticket holder for each set of occupied seats. It'd be nice to know if the seats I'm picking are next to another family with kids, or a belligerent drunk who yells profanities all game, or in front of handicapped seniors who demand you sit all game long. I know, totally not feasible, but it'd be awesome.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It would be awesome if there was a little bio of the season ticket holder for each set of occupied seats.

That's sort of impossible, but I suppose you could categorize your "fan type" into 5-10 items and then you could pick one. And if you could see what kinds of fans in a certain area, they would probably self-sort a bit.

A) Hard-core ISU sports fan - lots of yelling but not offensive
B) Family with kids - lots of moving around
C) Elderly, just there out of habit
D) Drunk and obnoxious

What categories am I missing?

My section has a lot of C, and it's kind of a bummer when I am 50/50 A and D...

Reactions: cyence

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
That's sort of impossible, but I suppose you could categorize your "fan type" into 5-10 items and then you could pick one. And if you could see what kinds of fans in a certain area, they would probably self-sort a bit.

A) Hard-core ISU sports fan - lots of yelling but not offensive
B) Family with kids - lots of moving around
C) Elderly, just there out of habit
D) Drunk and obnoxious

What categories am I missing?

My section has a lot of C, and it's kind of a bummer when I am 50/50 A and D...
E) middle aged lady that constantly yells “get him!!!” on defense.
F) Your typical ISU fan always looking for high-fives after an ISU touchdown. (This is me, and I swear some people look at me like I have an eye in the middle of my forehead when I turn around lookin for a high five)

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
F) Your typical ISU fan always looking for high-fives after an ISU touchdown. (This is me, and I swear some people look at me like I have an eye in the middle of my forehead when I turn around lookin for a high five)

G) fan that lacks understanding of the rules for college football, but yells things all game.

H) the obvious play by play commentators. Absolutely hate the people that yell obvious things all game.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm also F. And I get the same looks. Just trying to rise as one.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I finally got to pick my seats this morning. I understand the reasoning, but sucks you can't choose seats if your choice leaves 1 seat by itself. I only have 3 tickets so there were quite a few groups of 4 that weren't available to me. Also, there were quite a few singles so not sure how those people were able to do that?

It would be awesome if there was a little bio of the season ticket holder for each set of occupied seats. It'd be nice to know if the seats I'm picking are next to another family with kids, or a belligerent drunk who yells profanities all game, or in front of handicapped seniors who demand you sit all game long. I know, totally not feasible, but it'd be awesome.
That happened to us, and we called to complain. The ticket office entered our selection manually.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Do you sit in section 11 too? Some lady sits 3 rows behind us and literally says that 20 times a game.
I only make it to 1 or 2 games a year and get tickets via friends or stubhub, so I bounce around. But it never fails, every single game no matter where I sit there is at least 1 “get him” lady within earshot.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I think it happens when someone with 3 season tickets only renews 2 and thus leaves a new vacant single.