Former assistants still costing us big bucks

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
No, when he got word of the pictures, BVD went right to LE and asked him about them - Eustachy lied and said the pictures were taken at a "restaurant" with Mizzou fans who approached him for photos and autographs.
So BVD's big mistake was not knowing his bb coach was a liar...

And you know this how?

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
No, when he got word of the pictures, BVD went right to LE and asked him about them - Eustachy lied and said the pictures were taken at a "restaurant" with Mizzou fans who approached him for photos and autographs.
So BVD's big mistake was not knowing his bb coach was a liar...

Certainly believable - I had also heard that the Columbia trip that year was when LE decided not to follow the RV driver(s) back to where they were staying and when they got up the next morning, LE had left in the RV without them... Stories I heard - some are more believable than others (the source on the RV was pretty good...)

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
Also hate to see the extra money, but what is fair is fair.

1. We have to be competitive with our assistant contracts or we will not get good assistants. If most other schools have similar buyout terms or provisions in assistant contracts, we have to do the same. If the terms are out of line in comparison, then this needs to be fixed and there is reason to be upset

2. Whats fair is fair. Most of these coaches got stiffed by Chiz as well and we have to do what is right and honor and pay the contracts. May not seem popular, but 95% of us we were in their position would expect to have our agreement fulfilled.

3. Like them or dislike them, these coaches had made a commitment to ISU and were not the ones who bailed. We should not bail on them just like any player who gives their best.

Just my opinion,

It is worth it because they are not here and that is a good thing. I base that on the fact that Herman might be a better OC than McFatty. What sucks is the fact that they got jobs here in the first place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron