ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Re: Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

I predict we'll have an explosion of young and fair-weather fans that are following the best team in the state after winning several national championships in MBB, Iowa State will have a winning season in football, and Hoiberg celebrates win number 750.

I predict CW will take over for Olbermann and forget all about his roots as he becomes the lead personality on ESPN and wears WWF (or whatever it is now) and Taylor Swift shirts rather than ISU apparel.

Haha. This will never happen. As long as you all will have me, you all are stuck with me. I'm Clone to the bone, baby.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

I got a thumbs up from this thread and was like WTF, when did I post something in the middle of the night about the future of CF? LOL

It's amazing to think back to 9 years ago and where Iowa State was at in the various programs and the ride we've been on since then. I don't know if CF went through more message board systems and designs in the first year or if ISU has gone through more head coaches - would be fun to look it up.

Here are some fun facts about my personal life to put into perspective the changes that can happen over 9 years (ignore if you don't care, but CF has always been personal for me)...

Since starting CF:

We live in our 3rd house in the 3rd city and county around the metro.
We have a 4-year old son (I wanted to name him Cy Jr, got vetoed).
I've aged from 23 to 32 years old (so sad).
I've lost 55 lbs (but that was all in the last 5 months).
I've ****** off and alienated myself from most on CF due to writing while stressed (oh how we learn and grow).
I have free time now (well, it was really just replaced with playing legos with my son).
My sister has 2 wonderful children.
I've never been at a more healthy, happy, and well balanced point in my life.

To everybody that is still here from the beginning, you are like family (the distant family that you like to see but don't want coming over to your house:twitcy:). When I started the site in recognition of the "fanatical" and awesome fanbase we have, I never could have imagined how many would resonate with the message. Now that Chris and his crew have taken it to new heights with media and writing, I couldn't be more proud.

This is great. I still tell people all of the time that none of this (look around) would be here if it weren't for Jeremy's vision. This site truly is one of a kind. Thanks to all for continuing to come back and not abandoning ship when I came on board. Jeremy's shoes were very large to try (key word try) to fit into.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

So anyone want to predict the future for the next ten years?

giphy.gif

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

I got a thumbs up from this thread and was like WTF, when did I post something in the middle of the night about the future of CF? LOL

It's amazing to think back to 9 years ago and where Iowa State was at in the various programs and the ride we've been on since then. I don't know if CF went through more message board systems and designs in the first year or if ISU has gone through more head coaches - would be fun to look it up.

Here are some fun facts about my personal life to put into perspective the changes that can happen over 9 years (ignore if you don't care, but CF has always been personal for me)...

Since starting CF:

We live in our 3rd house in the 3rd city and county around the metro.
We have a 4-year old son (I wanted to name him Cy Jr, got vetoed).
I've aged from 23 to 32 years old (so sad).
I've lost 55 lbs (but that was all in the last 5 months).
I've ****** off and alienated myself from most on CF due to writing while stressed (oh how we learn and grow).
I have free time now (well, it was really just replaced with playing legos with my son).
My sister has 2 wonderful children.
I've never been at a more healthy, happy, and well balanced point in my life.

To everybody that is still here from the beginning, you are like family (the distant family that you like to see but don't want coming over to your house:twitcy:). When I started the site in recognition of the "fanatical" and awesome fanbase we have, I never could have imagined how many would resonate with the message. Now that Chris and his crew have taken it to new heights with media and writing, I couldn't be more proud.

berry-break-24-9.gif

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

It is with the above being said, that I announce that we are almost to the 300 registered users mark. We are currently averaging close to 40,000 visitors per day, with a peak time of 9:00pm CST.

Wonder what these numbers are now

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Wonder what these numbers are now

20,000 members with 4.5 million posts (doesn't include about 1 million posts that never survived one of the year 2 system migrations. Looking at the stats, the member growth has been incredibly consistent from day 1.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

I think the most incredible stat is the number of moderated posts (37,423 out of 4.5 million) as it shows how incredibly devoted the mods have been (most of the original mods are still very active) for the past 9 years.

How many of you would dedicate hours a day to something you get no thanks and no compensation for, and for 9 years! I LOVE OUR MODS! The Fanatics make the site, the Mods make it possible.

Reactions: Angie

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

I think the most incredible stat is the number of moderated posts (37,423 out of 4.5 million) as it shows how incredibly devoted the mods have been (most of the original mods are still very active) for the past 9 years.

How many of you would dedicate hours a day to something you get no thanks and no compensation for, and for 9 years! I LOVE OUR MODS! The Fanatics make the site, the Mods make it possible.

I feel like I do this already.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Hell we don't even get credits to bet anymore.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Let me also say I love the search feature, and being able to go over 9 years of other discussions. When we were looking at buying a house 4 years ago, I went back and searched old threads to find a real estate agent that was highly recommended here and worked great. When I was looking to propose, looked up some old threads that recommended jewelers to help me. We bought a treadmill a few months ago, and was able to find some old threads that helped guide us in our purchase. If only there were threads to help me decide between Mediacom, Dish or DirecTV...