Gene Chizik - All Bridges Lead Out of Ames

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
If he does leave....

This is going to be another wasted recruiting class for our new coach

We won't get near as big of a name or excitement as we did out of Chizik

Some players will probably transfer, not to follow Chizik, but just to go to their second choice (Sed to A&M, LJ to Michigan, etc)

Ticket Sales will drop, stadium construction will get suspended.......basically the world is going to explode. Not quite that bad, but we were starting year 3 of 5 of our rebuilding process and we're in the process of getting pushed back to year -1.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
If he does leave....

This is going to be another wasted recruiting class for our new coach

We won't get near as big of a name or excitement as we did out of Chizik

Some players will probably transfer, not to follow Chizik, but just to go to their second choice (Sed to A&M, LJ to Michigan, etc)

Ticket Sales will drop, stadium construction will get suspended.......basically the world is going to explode. Not quite that bad, but we were starting year 3 of 5 of our rebuilding process and we're in the process of getting pushed back to year -1.

Easy now. Mac was loved by his players and most stayed. A lot depends on the hire.

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
Easy now. Mac was loved by his players and most stayed. A lot depends on the hire.

But I think that had a lot to do with the "sexiness" of the Chizik hire. I don't seeing us making that big of a splash this time around. I obviously hope I'm wrong.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I love how all the people that talked Chizik up so much as a person and as a coach when he came here are the same ones ready to tear him down now that he's gone, real classy.