General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
this is some hire. Gotta feel bad for Coleman Scott who (imo) would not have left unc unless there was mention of the future of the job. But this brings eyeballs to OSU and the Big 12. Wonder if OSU, MIzzou, ASU, and Dresser & co can build the big 12 wrestling brand to compete with the Big 10 who has had a stranglehold on wrestling for some time now.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
tumblr_mqqq1cJcvb1qgs9ujo1_500.gif

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Definitely tons of unknowns out there after the DT hire.

Where will Coleman Scott go?
Who will be the assistants? Pyles seems to think 2 of them will be Gilman and Kennedy. Mineo threw Yazdani out there, but that feels like a stretch.
Will Christian Carrol stick around?
Will anyone else follow Scott out the door?
Who might hit the portal to wrestle for DT?

It sure makes for some interesting speculation as we wait for the Olympics.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
No one can hit the portal anymore except Ok State wrestlers.

Since David Taylor was not a coach anywhere prior.
What is the portal deadline for graduate transfers? That is different I think. I don’t know that it would apply to anyone anyways, although it might apply to a Penn state wrestler trying to head to Stillwater

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Definitely tons of unknowns out there after the DT hire.

Where will Coleman Scott go?
Who will be the assistants? Pyles seems to think 2 of them will be Gilman and Kennedy. Mineo threw Yazdani out there, but that feels like a stretch.
Will Christian Carrol stick around?
Will anyone else follow Scott out the door?
Who might hit the portal to wrestle for DT?

It sure makes for some interesting speculation as we wait for the Olympics.
Mineo was joking about Yazdani. He said “will Yazdani move here to join Sooners staff”. The “Sooners” is not a typo. He was making a joke due to the Taylor/Yazdani rivalry.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
What is the portal deadline for graduate transfers? That is different I think. I don’t know that it would apply to anyone anyways, although it might apply to a Penn state wrestler trying to head to Stillwater
I thought it was all May 3rd, but I am not sure

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Post grads can enter at any time ....
Student-athletes who will enroll at another school after graduating are now allowed to enter the Transfer Portal at any time, the Division I Council decided during its virtual meeting Wednesday.

• Informative
Reactions: buf87

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think the 2 biggest stories yet and Taylor's staff and Coleman Scott.

I bet there are some disgruntled Ok State fans on how Coleman Scott got treated.

But this is probably a potential game changer

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I think the 2 biggest stories yet and Taylor's staff and Coleman Scott.

I bet there are some disgruntled Ok State fans on how Coleman Scott got treated.

But this is probably a potential game changer
Definitely people absolutely gutted for Scott.

Taylor’s staff will for sure be something to watch. Cael’s staff is crazy good, and yet I would not be surprised if Taylor assembles one that is just as dynamic. Possibly more so, just with less coaching experience, maybe.

I guarantee this will result in a response from Iowa too. That will be something as well. If TnT doesn’t feel the heat after this, they should.