SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
  • Informative
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

MnBrPg

Dec 15, 2015
Kansas City
I like this hire.. and if the big xii turns back into the Oklahoma State show every year I will eat those words, but I like where several big xii programs have themselves right now. My hope is the DT hire is a catalyst for blowing up the talent monopoly at PSU and in the Big Ten sort of in general. I don't want team scoring records at nationals, I want exciting team races and more parity for the sport.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I love the hire for the landscape of college wrestling. I thought it would be a great hire when rumors were swirling and I think it’ll turn out to be great for the Big12. We need big time players in our conference and we need high level competition to make the season entertaining and exciting. This will help us draw recruits in to have good competition to go up against.

As far as the college wrestling landscape, anything that starts to break up the Penn state monopoly is a good thing right now. David can take what he has learned and start to spread that wealth of knowledge in a different area. I truly think he will compete with Penn state on the recruiting trail and be in the mix for Bo and Jax. For better or worse, I’m okay with it and excited for the future

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
No one can hit the portal anymore except Ok State wrestlers.

Since David Taylor was not a coach anywhere prior.
Is there still possibilities for wrestlers to be released? Could Haines theoretically go to Cael and ask for a release and then transfer?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
So who will his assistance be? A lot of people think the most obvious is his brother in law Jimmy Kennedy. Will he get any combination of Gilman, Kyle Dake, Zain, RBY, Nolf?