Golf in Branson

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Well…I’ve been put in charge of setting up golf for a family get together in Branson in a couple of weeks. Anyone played down there/have any suggestions?

I’ve been looking today and seems pretty expensive. Might have narrowed it down to Pointe Royal Golf Village or Ledgestone Country Club, but if there is something else in that range that I’m missing, I’m all ears.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
It has gotten pretty expensive down there. Nice tracks but not cheap. What is the expectations of the round?
Well…I floated Payne’s Valley, and the first response was:

“**** that unless the beer cart gals are topless.”

I could maybe get away with $150-$200 per.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well…I’ve been put in charge of setting up golf for a family get together in Branson in a couple of weeks. Anyone played down there/have any suggestions?

I’ve been looking today and seems pretty expensive. Might have narrowed it down to Pointe Royal Golf Village or Ledgestone Country Club, but if there is something else in that range that I’m missing, I’m all ears.

Weirdly enough I’m in the exact same situation, the Payne’s Valley’s are too expensive for most of our group. I ended up going with Branson Hills, I think it’s 130ish during the week. But it’s not for a few more weeks.

Reactions: enisthemenace

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb

I have stayed and played at the Pointe Royal it is a pretty nice setup. The course is perfect for all skill levels of golfers, the course was empty in the evening times and the pace of play is usually pretty good.

I would defiantly reccommend.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I would love to play down there, but $450? Good golly. I would pay that for some of the historic legends, but this one has no history yet.

We played a hidden gem this weekend in Livermore, IA, Spring Valley. $48 a round or $90 all you can play with lunch. As one guy from our group said, the super must iron his boxers.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Weirdly enough I’m in the exact same situation, the Payne’s Valley’s are too expensive for most of our group. I ended up going with Branson Hills, I think it’s 130ish during the week. But it’s not for a few more weeks.
Played Branson Hills. The ponds were very low on water, but overall, I really liked it. Fun track.

Reactions: Bigman38

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Played Buffalo Ridge this summer. Obviously expensive but if you’re going for a good reason then why not. Not as expensive as Payne’s Valley but you get views that are right up there. Haven’t ever played Payne’s but apparently people like Buffalo Ridge better.

I had a great time with some friends and would highly recommend.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Payne's Valley gives you free hotdogs at the turn so it's totally worth the $450.
Not free. They’re built into the price. Just like when my kids are excited to go out for Chinese food for the free green tea. IT’S NOT FREE! It’s built into the price of the food!

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Not free. They’re built into the price. Just like when my kids are excited to go out for Chinese food for the free green tea. IT’S NOT FREE! It’s built into the price of the food!
I think he might have been joking.