Greg Ohlson talks with Darius Darks (Requires Free Membership)

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
The best we can hope for is that the players get over the initial hurt and rally around each other. I think if we could get a guy like Turner Gill to come in, the guys might use this to build on.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
i really doubt he stay unless we get a really good hire... gill, tubberville. someone along those lines

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
cant read..

Try this...

L11048286.jpg

Reactions: Cyclonepride

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
Thats definitely reassuring!!! Hopefully we can get someone that both the players and fans can really unite behind!! After all that has gone on, wouldnt it be awesome if this ended up actually being a huge blessing?:wink::biggrin:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Thats definitely reassuring!!! Hopefully we can get someone that both the players and fans can really unite behind!! After all that has gone on, wouldnt it be awesome if this ended up actually being a huge blessing?:wink::biggrin:

I think more things end up that way than not. It looks terrible at first, but once you reach the end of it, you find out you ended up better off than the other way could have been.

If we end up with a guy like Turner Gill, man, did we win in this thing!!!

Reactions: joefrog

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
He told me that he doesn't expect a team meeting with Chizik and that the team probably wouldn't want to go anyways.

Ouch.

I know he's still frustrated but woof. These guys are pissed.

Oh, and mods feel free to delete if I'm crossing the line quoting that. Didn't figure it was a big deal since Greg posted it on the free board.

bigred

Nov 4, 2006
Be prepared to lose several recruits. I can tell you that from experience. When Callahan left it was like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Bo was able to woo a couple of them back but still we lost somewhere around 10 recruits. Most of these kids anymore commit to the coach opposed to the school. Maybe in a perfect world it would not be that way but it is what it is. However, the ones that stay are solid recruits devoted to the school as well as the coach. Hopefully the new coach is someone who will draw his own recruits although timing is bad. You will also discover other coaches will be contacting your recruits they become open game and the other coaches often will tell them lies to entice them.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Be prepared to lose several recruits. I can tell you that from experience. When Callahan left it was like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Dr. Tom was able to woo a couple of them back but still we lost somewhere around 10 recruits.

Fixed it for you.

And thanks for the heads up from Huskerland. It'll be interesting to see how many if any stick around.....

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Be prepared to lose several recruits. I can tell you that from experience.

I figure this recruiting class will be almost a complete loss. We didn't have too many guys committed as it was, and the new coaches' recruiting pitch will be to the guys who were in uniform this year.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
Darius put up a new video, apologizing for his other stuff.

It would be nice if some of the CF posters would do the same. It took some guts to post that. I'd give it a look-see if you haven't already.

Darius, I hope you decide to stay. ISU is going to need guys with good heads on their shoulders. I hope you are one of them.