Harbaugh leaving. Let the games begin.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I hate to break it to you, Campbell is still held highly regarded among athletic directors across the country, no matter how you or other posters here feel about him.
I don’t disagree. But being highly regarded and being a top candidate for a team that just won a national championship are not exactly the same bar.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I don’t disagree. But being highly regarded and being a top candidate for a team that just won a national championship are not exactly the same bar.

Not a single poster said or claimed he was a top candidate for Michigan. Basically everyone was in agreement that it’s Moore as it should be.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Is it not implied when the thread was started about second round of coaching speculation in the Iow state football thread?

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Other athletic directors must not actually watch our games because… yikes.
I unfortunately agree. CMC is a good dude and our best chance to win. I don’t see top programs sniffing around unless he finds a way to clean up the mistakes that are costing us wins.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We're lucky it's not coming off the Fiesta Bowl season but my mind didn't even go there. Maybe if some weird dominos fall some other jobs become an issue.

I'm not sure Lance Leipold and Rhule doesn't apply to the same thing you just said about Campbell.

They still lost 3 games that season so I'm still not sure if it would have been up to Michigan's current expectations.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Michigan has an unwritten rule, you have to be a "Michigan Man" to be the head coach of the Wolverines, meaning that you either had to play at Michigan or be an assistant coach at Michigan first. In their entire history the only head coach that was not a Michigan Man was Rich Rod, and he was $***. Tom Brady will be the head coach of the Wolverines before Matt Campbell.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Michigan has an unwritten rule, you have to be a "Michigan Man" to be the head coach of the Wolverines, meaning that you either had to play at Michigan or be an assistant coach at Michigan first. In their entire history the only head coach that was not a Michigan Man was Rich Rod, and he was $***. Tom Brady will be the head coach of the Wolverines before Matt Campbell.
That rule trickles down into real life too pretty frequently, the Michigan difference is a very real thing to many alums

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Most predictable hire this offseason. I doubt Michigan contacted anyone except Moore
I’d be interested to know what would have happened had they had to do this in cycle. I’m sure they would have contacted DeBoer and maybe Fisch. Lanning maybe as well before he said he wasn’t going anywhere.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Huh. Moore is an OU grad, and from Derby, KS—same school as Samuel Same. I’m gonna guess landing more studs from that high school just got harder.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Huh. Moore is an OU grad, and from Derby, KS—same school as Samuel Same. I’m gonna guess landing more studs from that high school just got harder.
Eh, we're not swimming in the same waters as Michigan recruit wise anyways. Chances are if they want someone from there we don't have much of a chance anyways.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron