Has anyone one thought of this?? (long)

bigmark

Apr 21, 2009
Ames, iowa
Has anyone one thought of this??

Before Herman even came on the Campus he was blowing up AA as the #1 QB. They handed AA the keys and put him the face of the Cyclones with never having him compete for his job like every other position had to do. This team is not OU, UT or Florida where they have great QB's that have proven themselves time after time.

He had a bad spring and please do not give me the same old excuse that he is is learning his third O, Tiller is learning his 2nd in 2 yrs and many players like ARob are making adjustment and not using it as excuses. He had a bad fall, no improvement and now look what is happening. A throw is a throw no matter the system!!

I do not think that AA is a bad guy and is probably a very good leader but you have to lead your team not kill your team...who wants to follow a player that makes more mistakes than anyone else. You have to remember last year a lot of AA’s yards came when the game was well decided and we were getting blown out and the other teams had their backups in or were playing a prevent D.

CPR and Herman have to eat crow for not making him compete and just handing over the team to him....I know all of us from Ames wants him to do good, but for the sake of the team they are going to have to eat a little crow and try other options.

Not saying that Tiller will do any better, but for sure cannot do any worst, and maybe by benching AA for a game then maybe it might wake him up.

Coaches are going to have to eat a little crow and maybe admit they were a little wrong and have to move forward....U have to look at it this way...Do you want a QB for a 1 1/2 years left that has not shown any improvement or a QB that has 3 1/2 years left that will know all players in and out for the next few years and hopefully give the team a real shot @ a bowl game over the next few years.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Has anyone one thought of this??

Do you want a QB for a 1 1/2 years left that has not shown any improvement or a QB that has 3 1/2 years left that will know all players in and out for the next few years and hopefully give the team a real shot @ a bowl game over the next few years.

bowl game next few years? if it doesn't happen this year, we are looking at fall of 2012 for any realistic chance at a bowl.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Just going to throw it out there but that's a pretty **** poor post.

#1 You apparently have never seen Tiller throw in practice. He just doesn't throw very well at all. Hell of an athlete, can't throw. Beuker might actually throw a better ball than Tiller.

#2 Some of you need to rewatch games like I did this morning. Arnaud is NOT as awful as you all make him out to be. Seriously, I challenge some of you to rewatch so you can see how ridiculous some of your posts are and how wrong some of you are in assessments.

#3 Comparing Arnaud to anyone else in the offense when it comes to learning is beyond stupid. The quarterback has BY FAR the hardest job when a new playbook rolls out. He doesn't only have to know where he's supposed to be. He has to know him, his line, his tight ends, his backs, and his receivers.

#4 Tiller CAN do worse. Arnaud had a fumble yesterday, and 4 **** poor absolutely terrible passes. 4/21? I think is not a great ratio, but all QBs have bad passes. All.

#5 You anoint Tiller without ANY probable cause.

Again, beyond crappy post.

Reactions: SwirlingFloater

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Wow its the fifth game and you're callin coaches out nice? I still have full confidence that AA will have a strong second half the season and a great senior season. Go look at Chase Clements numbers at Rice, after the first season under Hermans systems and the 2nd season under Herman. If Tiller was capable of playing he'd be in. Its obvious he's not.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This post is not very well thought out. I am not oging to say AA is a fantasic QB. I won't even say their shouldn't be a competition.
In response to each of your point:

This team is not the ones you mentioned. Therefor AA does not have the supporting cast that a QB there would. We do not have the reciever's they have. There is very little seperation being made by receivers.

How much of spring practice did you watch. Maybe you saw the spring game but I would guess you didn't see much else. A throw is not a throw no matter the system. There has to be correct timing and the QB and receivers have to be on the same page. There are a lot of things that go into a play. Routes are not all set in stone. There are reads that both QBs and receivers have to make and they have to be the same.

Aside from Iowa, when has AA killed this team? He didn't mess up in any of our previous three wins. He didn't miss and extra point against KSU. He didn't allow a 55 yard touchdown. He didn't get a PI call on I think 3rd and 15. He didn't throw a pick. He did fumble but not a crucial point. If you remember he led us down the field last year at UNLV to get to overtime and again did it yesterday.

Jerome Tiller has not shown anything to suggest he could be any better. He has seen limited time and in that time he hasn't done anything to say he should be the guy.

The fact is that AA will be our QB this year. You can either support him or you can rag on him throughout the whole season. It doesn't matter what he does he won't please everyone. I, for one, will continue to support him because I think he has what it takes to succeed here. I also don't know we have any other viable options now. If you don't want to support him fine, but just realize that the coaches aren't getting on here to see what they should do to make the team better. I think I will take a guy that has been coaching for 20 years and a guy that got Rice to a top 10 offense.

Reactions: SwirlingFloater

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Oh, and for the record, what the **** is up with all the people who think the coaches have some conspiracy theory to put crappy players in the game so we can lose? Do you honestly think the coaches are trying to lose so they don't put the best players in? The sad thing is the I'm mostly serious because I think that's how some people here go about our games, coaching staff, and personnel.

clone11

Jul 12, 2006
So do u think coaches may have to eat crow? Good lord, I don't know where to start with this as you are wrong about so much, so ill just leave it at that.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Oh, and for the record, what the **** is up with all the people who think the coaches have some conspiracy theory to put crappy players in the game so we can lose? Do you honestly think the coaches are trying to lose so they don't put the best players in? The sad thing is the I'm mostly serious because I think that's how some people here go about our games, coaching staff, and personnel.

Obviously that is what they are doing. Why wouldn't they. It just makes too much sense.

BEACHBUM

Oct 23, 2006
Des Moines
Everyone is learning a new system and you are right that everyone is dealing with growing pains. The QB has to be the smartest man on the field. He has to know what everyone's job is and operate with very good mechanics also. I think giving him a little more slack than the others is mandatory here. I do remember a point in a certain game this season where AA was sat for poor performance. His replacement failed to part the Red Sea and proved not to be the second coming of Christ either. Where should we turn? The most popular player on the Hawkeyes is of course the back up QB. Their local papers have to constantly print articles to show that Stanzi's stats are being ignored and fans are being foolharty. Is that how we should handle this? I for one will not. IMHO we are a new team that has zero depth at any position. I saw mistakes yesterday, but I never saw a team that refused to keep trying. I hate the outcome but will support my team and remain proud.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Nothing was handed to AA. There was a competition this spring and he won it.

bigmark

Apr 21, 2009
Ames, iowa
Nothing was handed to AA. There was a competition this spring and he won it.

There was not, go back to when Herman first did a interview he said AA was going to be his guy....no one is ragging on coaches, they are a good but have to open there eyes... Your the one that has your eyes shut and wanting a freaking miricle and it is not happening right now...so you go 3 more games with the same problem, then what are you going to say, he needs more time...oh please!!! Grow UP!!!!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
There was not, go back to when Herman first did a interview he said AA was going to be his guy....no one is ragging on coaches, they are a good but have to open there eyes... Your the one that has your eyes shut and wanting a freaking miricle and it is not happening right now...so you go 3 more games with the same problem, then what are you going to say, he needs more time...oh please!!! Grow UP!!!!

PM me so I can give you my address and you can come over and watch the K-State game on my DVR with me and I can point out your lack of intelligence.:smile:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Already have them and watched ...u miss the whole point...he is struggling

Bull ****. There is NO way you watched it. None. Zero. Zilch. If you watched it, you would realize that while some of the issue is AA, not even remotely close to all of it is.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The way the coaches sound the QB battle isnt close. If Tiller is anywhere close to AA he would be getting some snaps.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Just going to throw it out there but that's a pretty **** poor post.

#1 You apparently have never seen Tiller throw in practice. He just doesn't throw very well at all. Hell of an athlete, can't throw. Beuker might actually throw a better ball than Tiller.

#2 Some of you need to rewatch games like I did this morning. Arnaud is NOT as awful as you all make him out to be. Seriously, I challenge some of you to rewatch so you can see how ridiculous some of your posts are and how wrong some of you are in assessments.

#3 Comparing Arnaud to anyone else in the offense when it comes to learning is beyond stupid. The quarterback has BY FAR the hardest job when a new playbook rolls out. He doesn't only have to know where he's supposed to be. He has to know him, his line, his tight ends, his backs, and his receivers.

#4 Tiller CAN do worse. Arnaud had a fumble yesterday, and 4 **** poor absolutely terrible passes. 4/21? I think is not a great ratio, but all QBs have bad passes. All.

#5 You anoint Tiller without ANY probable cause.

Again, beyond crappy post.

I agree, Arnaud did not do as bad as initially thought, but he did miss a lot of open receivers, I guess he did hit them if you want to count bounce passes, what bothers me is last year he was hitting these same receivers without a problem. I did like how keep the team positve after his mistakes (fumble), and was able to battle. I think if ARob was there the whole game we would not be talking like this, and the way he ran early and injured at that, we would have owned that game. Schwartz is good but more power runner, Arob just has the extra speed and shiftiness....