giphy.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That is... colorful.

I am not sure it goes with the brutalist aesthetics of the building.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Please upgrade the concessions themselves. Ours are an embarrassment and behind every other facility I have ever been in. And it’s not even close.

• Agree
Reactions: MNCYWX

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That is a different look. Less Hilton! More Cyclones!

Smart to push the concessions outside the current footprint, including some space for concession lines out of the traffic flow.

Unless they improve efficiency, the concession lines will still back into the traffic flow, but at least now the front of the line will be out of the flow.

No expansion of Johnny's?

Is the old concession space just being used to enlarge the outer concourse? Wondering if they might use some of that space to open up to inner concourse for premium seating.

Reactions: Nathaniel

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Please upgrade the concessions themselves. Ours are an embarrassment and behind every other facility I have ever been in. And it’s not even close.

I've been told that the current concessions layout and size is what prevents more selection. That could be BS, but I would expect them to introduce a lot of new items once construction is complete.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
^^^ This x1000!!

We need suites to offset the lost income from season ticket holders who pay far too little for top seats in the lower levels.

Also get rid of 2 balcony sections of students

Exactly. Downsize the student section until they start showing they're capable of filling it again. Not ripping on them, just being realistic. Sell a few more season tickets or even just hold those couple sections for all single-game.