House of the Dragon

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Solid first episode. Felt like game of thrones. Hopefully they find some characters that can add a little levity to the show like Tyrion did for the original. It will be interesting to see where the show ends. Maybe they will do a Game of Thrones version of The Crown and end with the mad king.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Solid first episode. Felt like game of thrones. Hopefully they find some characters that can add a little levity to the show like Tyrion did for the original. It will be interesting to see where the show ends. Maybe they will do a Game of Thrones version of The Crown and end with the mad king.
That's what we said too. I think this season or series ends with the mad king either being born or further down the line to Dani being born. I read that they already know there will only be 3/4 seasons of this...not EIGHT like GoT.

• Informative
Reactions: weeterkane

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That's what we said too. I think this season or series ends with the mad king either being born or further down the line to Dani being born. I read that they already know there will only be 3/4 seasons of this...not EIGHT like GoT.
Solid first episode, but its set something like 175 years before GoT's, so I doubt if any of those characters will be born or introduced.
My wife and I wondered if the coming winter tales were talked about for 175 years, or in this prequel do they actually fight and defeat the white walkers, only to have them regroup and attack again a couple of centuries later.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Solid first episode, but its set something like 175 years before GoT's, so I doubt if any of those characters will be born or introduced.
My wife and I wondered if the coming winter tales were talked about for 175 years, or in this prequel do they actually fight and defeat the white walkers, only to have them regroup and attack again a couple of centuries later.
I caught that too. Seems like a GOT staple that they might not want to leave out entirely.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

A spinoff in the times of the creation of the white walkers would be a fantastic show as well. But completely out of scope here.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Lol how is it spoilers when there are published articles on it before the season even started. If I would have posted an article last week saying ‘didn’t know there was a time jump’ you’d not be having a ‘spoiler’ fit.

There are literally many articles about this from July.
How is it not a spoiler? It’s directly spoiling future events in the show.

And A lot of people avoid those articles because they contain spoilers.

No biggie but put a tag on stuff like that.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Honestly if you open a thread with the title of a show and you're not caught up with said show, that's kind of on you. I'd expect any show thread to be rather spoilery (I say this having not watched the episode tonight yet too).
Huh? Obviously. But the poster was talking about events later in the season, not the episode from last night.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
On "The making of..." thing after the show I thought the show runners addressed that. Something like they brought it up just to add some levity to her getting named the heir but she wouldn't know that it won't be an issue in her lifetime

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
I enjoyed seeing some Outlander actors make their way to this series! I really enjoyed the first episode. As others said it was a good intro/set the stage episode. The gore at the jousting / melee was more than I was expecting lol.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I enjoyed seeing some Outlander actors make their way to this series! I really enjoyed the first episode. As others said it was a good intro/set the stage episode. The gore at the jousting / melee was more than I was expecting lol.
The baby delivery too