How do you get your tickets for football?

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
I cannot create a Ticketmaster account because they don't accept my phone number. It's an Ames, IA phone number. It is a VOIP number I have had for 10+ years. It is my only phone.

I am certain 98% of people with $1000 phones and tons of expendable income will not have this problem and will make fun of me.

I'm looking for someone with information and empathy to help out a long time fan.

Already paid for tickets and have seat designations... 11+ years now in the same spot.

It sucks that they are eliminating tickets, programs, posters, wallet cards and keychain fobs because of COVID, but I understand. But damn, man, opening weekend is a week away and I can't get my tickets? Should have thought of that a year ago.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: scratch

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I cannot create a Ticketmaster account because they don't accept my phone number. It's an Ames, IA phone number. It is a VOIP number I have had for 10+ years. It is my only phone.

I am certain 98% of people with $1000 phones and tons of expendable income will not have this problem and will make fun of me.

I'm looking for someone with information and empathy to help out a long time fan.

Already paid for tickets and have seat designations... 11+ years now in the same spot.

It sucks that they are eliminating tickets, programs, posters, wallet cards and keychain fobs because of COVID, but I understand. But damn, man, opening weekend is a week away and I can't get my tickets? Should have thought of that a year ago.
You have a computer I take it since you are typing this. You can go into your cyclones.com account and print them off.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just to confirm—-you can print off tickets if you don’t have a smart phone, right? My parents are in that boat.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Go to your Cyclone ticket account, then manage my tickets, go to the games you want to print, you'll see transfer sell and more, click on more then the print option will drop down, go ahead and print your tickets. The A.D. doesn't want you to do this but you still can, and that's how I'm doing it also.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

Make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Since ticketmaster won't accept your phone number (assuming because your phone doesn't get text messages), then you can't create an account and therefore cannot manage your tickets online.
How did you renew? Do you just call the ticket office?

Assuming the above is correct, I have a few recommendations:
1. Call the ticket office and see if they will print your tickets for you.
2. Do you have a close relative or friend that you'd trust to use their phone number to create a ticketmaster account?
3. Create a Google Voice number. Do you have a gmail email address? If yes, you can create a Google Voice number that will accept text messages that you can receive on your computer.
4. Buy a burner phone from a gas station - I'd say this is the last resort.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just to confirm—-you can print off tickets if you don’t have a smart phone, right? My parents are in that boat.

I just called the ticket office to confirm and yes you can print off the tickets.

Reactions: jsb

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
You cannot open a Ticketmaster account with a Google Voice VOIP number number. It is not allowed.
You cannot open a cyclones.com account with a Google Voice VOIP phone number. It is not allowed.

So you can order tickets, pay for tickets, and get your seat.... but... you cannot print your tickets or get them on a cell phone unless you have a particular carrier or type of service or phone.

Google has been my phone for the last 11 years. It barely functions in JTS because bandwidth is so 2005. It works great everywhere else in the continental United States.

I wonder what the ticket lines will look like on Sep 4th. Pick the right line, folks!

isuphonebs.jpg

Last edited:

scratch

Jan 28, 2018
After you print the tickets off. There should be a barcode or QR code on there correct? And you have to print each seat that is yours right? I like the smartphone idea. Just got to get it figured out. So I will be printing mine until then. Might take me a while.....LOL.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You cannot open a Ticketmaster account with a Google Voice VOIP number number. It is not allowed.
You cannot open a cyclones.com account with a Google Voice VOIP phone number. It is not allowed.

So you can order tickets, pay for tickets, and get your seat.... but... you cannot print your tickets or get them on a cell phone unless you have a particular carrier or type of service or phone.

Google has been my phone for the last 11 years. It barely functions in JTS because bandwidth is so 2005. It works great everywhere else in the continental United States.

I wonder what the ticket lines will look like on Sep 4th. Pick the right line, folks!

View attachment 88520
Sounds like you need to call the ticket office to see if they can set your account up for you/print tickets for you, or get a new phone. It's doubtful anyone here is going to know a work around for that particular problem. My only thought is do you have another number you would be comfortable using, like a work number possibly. But I'm guessing you would have done that already if you did.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

View attachment 88520

Have you tried printing them off of your home computer that is what I was suggesting earlier. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your problem.

Reactions: KneeGusto

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I can't get into my account on the Iowa State app on my phone. It says username or password error. The username and password work on my desktop at Cyclones.com, but won't work in the app. So, I'm thinking that's a "them" problem, with "them" being the Iowa State app creators/managers.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I can't get into my account on the Iowa State app on my phone. It says username or password error. The username and password work on my desktop at Cyclones.com, but won't work in the app. So, I'm thinking that's a "them" problem, with "them" being the Iowa State app creators/managers.

Are you logging into the ticket portion of the app? Because there's another login I was unable to access as well. I'm guessing that was for people with cyclones.tv accounts.

putsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 13, 2009
Harlan, IA
3. Create a Google Voice number. Do you have a gmail email address? If yes, you can create a Google Voice number that will accept text messages that you can receive on your computer.

This is probably the best workaround if you can't get them printed. Create a Gmail account, then go to voice.google.com and it will allow you to choose a number of your liking and works like a smartphone would.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Are you logging into the ticket portion of the app? Because there's another login I was unable to access as well. I'm guessing that was for people with cyclones.tv accounts.

Ah!!! Thanks!!!! You have to click on Tickets rather than on the front page sign in link.

Reactions: Trice

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Have you tried printing them off of your home computer that is what I was suggesting earlier. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your problem.
They can't set up an online account because they don't have a phone that accepts text messages. So they can't even get to the tickets in order to print them.

If the ticket office won't print the tickets, then the only option is to create a ticketmaster account.
I outlined 4 ways to do that.
At that point, then they can print the tickets.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron