Insulated pullover jacket
Parka
Ski pants and insulated boots
Handwarmers

I won't be leaving the game because I am cold

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Seriously? Wow. It's not going to be THAT cold... I've seen people preparing like it's going to be -30 and a blizzard.

I'm wearing a compression shirt, thermal shirt, long-sleeved shirt and t-shirt on top, and compression shorts, thermal pants, (thin) shorts, knee-length socks, and my cardinal-and-gold coveralls (unless I decide that I'm not showing enough color). I'll have gloves along, but they're forest green, so I won't be wearing them much. All the rest of my winter stuff is stuck at home until next weekend. In all likelihood, I will be too warm, but I'm prepared to de-layer.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I'm thinking along the same lines:

Bottom:

Long johns
Shorts
2 pairs Knee socks
short socks
Insulated wind pants
Foot warmers
Winter hiking boots

Top:
Underarmor
tshirt
long sleeve t
hoodie
columbia coat w/ hood
gloves
scarf
hand warmers

add to that a stocking cap and maybe a scarf and we'll be set to face the day!

I'm thinking about Missouri '04 when I was in the band and just got to wear my uniform and whatever i could fit underneath, which wasnt much.

Gotta feel for the band/spirit squad today. No gloves or hats for performance time for band members. That's a coooold march from hilton to JTS.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Seriously? Wow. It's not going to be THAT cold... I've seen people preparing like it's going to be -30 and a blizzard.

I'm wearing a compression shirt, thermal shirt, long-sleeved shirt and t-shirt on top, and compression shorts, thermal pants, (thin) shorts, knee-length socks, and my cardinal-and-gold coveralls (unless I decide that I'm not showing enough color). I'll have gloves along, but they're forest green, so I won't be wearing them much. All the rest of my winter stuff is stuck at home until next weekend. In all likelihood, I will be too warm, but I'm prepared to de-layer.

That's why I said "taking/wearing" and it's layers. I can always take off, but I can't go back and get more

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I'm thinking about Missouri '04 when I was in the band and just got to wear my uniform and whatever i could fit underneath, which wasnt much.

Gotta feel for the band/spirit squad today. No gloves or hats for performance time for band members. That's a coooold march from hilton to JTS.
Missouri '06 was pretty brutal, too. Why is it always freaking cold when we play Missouri and Colorado?

I'm not worried about the cheerleaders or dancers; they've got a dozen different uniform pieces that keep them warm. The band, however, has nothing. I'll be out there without gloves on, in solidarity of my poor cymbal-playing friends. I don't miss having my hands strapped to freezing metal plates for 4 hours in games like this!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I am taking/wearing

Underarmor
Long sleeved mock T
hoodie
Insulated pullover jacket
Parka
Ski pants and insulated boots
Handwarmers

I won't be leaving the game because I am cold

Nearly identical to what I'm doing, including the hand warmers. Only problem is nothing on my outter layers says Cyclones. Oh well. I'd rather be there and be warm.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Colorado '05 wasn't bad temperature wise, there was just that whole tornado business...

As for me, if I was there, Shoes, socks, speedo, shorts, ski hat, gloves, body paint

Since I'm not there, shorts and t-shirt sitting in my apartment. Oh and it's 70 outside atm :wink:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Missouri '06 was pretty brutal, too. Why is it always freaking cold when we play Missouri and Colorado?

'06 was cold, but NOTHING like '04. I think in '04 it was around 18 degrees at kickoff with wind chills in the 0-8 degree range. This was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, as well. So, we're talking 3 weeks later in the season.

Band members had to come the Friday before to rehearse (thankfully, the AD let us practice in Bergstrom) for 3 hours. Then we sat through the cold, wind and (at times) snow to watch us fail in OT.

One of the other snare drummers cut his hand during pregame and was bleeding pretty good. He didn't realize until much later because he couldn't feel his hands due to the temp outside.

I've only been going to ISU games for 5 years and I'm sure others have seen worse, but Mizzou '04 was by far the coldest/most miserable game I've been to.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Then we sat through the cold, wind and (at times) snow to watch us fail in OT.

One of the other snare drummers cut his hand during pregame and was bleeding pretty good. He didn't realize until much later because he couldn't feel his hands due to the temp outside.

I've only been going to ISU games for 5 years and I'm sure others have seen worse, but Mizzou '04 was by far the coldest/most miserable game I've been to.

Double OT if I recall right, and that was pretty miserable.

And for some reason, nobody would stand with-in 10' of me, so I didn't have any windblocks :skeptical:

The snow from the flurries quit melting on my skin... (ok it'd melt, it'd just take a minute or so... literally)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
wow, it is not going to be that cold guys.

Tshirt, long sleeve T, and a coat. I will be fine.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

I'm not worried about the cheerleaders or dancers; they've got a dozen different uniform pieces that keep them warm. The band, however, has nothing. I'll be out there without gloves on, in solidarity of my poor cymbal-playing friends. I don't miss having my hands strapped to freezing metal plates for 4 hours in games like this!

Why can't the band members where gloves? Looks like the KU band is...

Warder60

Jun 2, 2006
Denver
Why can't the band members where gloves? Looks like the KU band is...

We have white gloves required for the uniform. But they aren't designed to be warm. Can wear another light glove underneath, but anything heavy duty impacts ability to play the instrument. Clarinets have it worse since the fabric of gloves doesn't let them create seals on the keys. They have to cut the finger tips off.

I would wear 2 pairs of the uniform gloves with a handwarmer stuck inside. Of course, I was a freshman in 04. It took that Mizzou game to teach me that.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Double OT if I recall right, and that was pretty miserable.

And for some reason, nobody would stand with-in 10' of me, so I didn't have any windblocks :skeptical:

The snow from the flurries quit melting on my skin... (ok it'd melt, it'd just take a minute or so... literally)

Missouri '04 was single OT. We had double OT against Nebraska in '05.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron