How much nba do you watch

How many nba games do you typically watch each year?

• None at all

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Most finals games

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Most of the playoff games

Votes: 37 18.4%
  • More than half of my fav. Teams games + playoffs

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Nearly all of my fav. Team's games + playoffs

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Hundreds of games every season.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I used to watch it pretty heavy then cut back, now getting back into it Georges, Monte, And Hali doing well in the league. Still pretty much wait till the playoffs to watch but try to check scores on those three's teams on a steady basis.

Reactions: RezClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If a basketball fan doesn't watch at least the Finals and some of the playoffs they're doing it wrong.

Denver/Lakers last night was INSANE. Easily better than the best mbb college game I watched last year. (If I take my Cyclone glasses off)

I get why people don't watch the entire regular season, same with baseball. Hint: You do not have to, you can just check standings, box scores and start following closer during the playoffs push.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I’ve watched a total of 0 games to this point, I’ll probably catch a few games of the playoffs/finals.

I generally can’t stand watching the NBA.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: chadly82

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I watch a handful of games a week. Have purchased the league pass the last few years and it's great. I love getting the option to hear the hometown announcers. I like college ball more but I really love the NBA too. The league has never been better, more young star power than any other time in the 30+ years I've been watching.
This is exactly where I'm at as well. Try to catch the former ISU guys whenever I can and will throw a couple other games on per week as well.

Reactions: heitclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I bet I've watched less than an hour worth of NBA all year. I like the playoffs and have kept up with some of the games thus far.

I watched some of 2nd half of the Wolves/Suns game, and I just cant get over how whiney the players and coaches are. The refs aren't great, but the level of complaining after every single call is absurd.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I watch mostly playoffs. I’m a bigger NHL fan so I tend to watch hockey instead of basketball because the season overlap. The Wild didn’t make the playoffs so I have been watching the Timberwolves mostly this playoff. I’ll admit I do have a hard time sometimes watching the NBA though. The offenses are so good it gives an illusion to the casual fan that there is no defense. Plus the heavy reliance on ISO for some teams can get boring even it just feels like 1v1 pickup ball at times.

I also lived during the period when Minnesota was awful so I feel at times like a lost generation fan. I was tired of following a bad team after my childhood of KG. Maybe if the T wolves go on a deep run my fandom will click. I mostly watch the NBA to cheer on cyclones though. I hope Monte stays in Minnesota since I would buy a monte morris jersey.

Reactions: drlove

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I haven't sat down and watched a full game since Jordan retired. It's not interesting basketball at all, I would much rather watch college.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is exactly where I'm at as well. Try to catch the former ISU guys whenever I can and will throw a couple other games on per week as well.
Between former Cyclones and superstars there is always a game that will catch my eye. On days like Thursday, Friday and Sunday when there isn't any big 12 bball on, I always watch the NBA.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I watch mostly playoffs. I’m a bigger NHL fan so I tend to watch hockey instead of basketball because the season overlap. The Wild didn’t make the playoffs so I have been watching the Timberwolves mostly this playoff. I’ll admit I do have a hard time sometimes watching the NBA though. The offenses are so good it gives an illusion to the casual fan that there is no defense. Plus the heavy reliance on ISO for some teams can get boring even it just feels like 1v1 pickup ball at times.

I also lived during the period when Minnesota was awful so I feel at times like a lost generation fan. I was tired of following a bad team after my childhood of KG. Maybe if the T wolves go on a deep run my fandom will click. I mostly watch the NBA to cheer on cyclones though. I hope Monte stays in Minnesota since I would buy a monte morris jersey.

They seem relatively healthy and if healthy anything less than WCF is a disappointment. Edwards is at least as talented as KG was.

Reactions: NetflixAndClone

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
There was a time I couldn't be pried from the NBA playoffs, but I think it's important to point out just how much my interest has waned over my lifetime. SO much different than ISU BBall where I still try to catch any game I can. But, I can also see that interest dropping because of NIL. We'll just see where I stand in another 10 years ... if I last that long.:oops:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Best player in the world the past few years is a Serbian giant with better passing skills than Magic Johnson. That’s at least a little interesting right?

Maybe to some people, but not me. I guess it might be different if I lived in a state with an NBA team.

I dont like the short shot clocks, isolation and post-up your best player offenses, scores totaling over 200 every night, optional defense, and that stupid music they always play during the game.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Between the time they took my Sonics away and when my son became a Sixers fan, none. I'm still not a fan, but if my kid wants to watch his Sixers, I'm not against watching it too.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Living in MN I am pretty interested in the Wolves since they are having their best season in decades and since Monte joined. If and when they are eliminated my interest and views of other games will drop significantly.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Maybe to some people, but not me. I guess it might be different if I lived in a state with an NBA team.

I dont like the short shot clocks, isolation and post-up your best player offenses, scores totaling over 200 every night, optional defense, and that stupid music they always play during the game.
I'm total opposite I love the shorter shot clocks, spaced out sets. The scoring was getting ridiculous I agree but Silver who might be best commissioner in the world was all over that. Late in season they made officiating adjustments that have brought scoring down a bit. NBA playoffs are pretty incredible

• Informative
Reactions: NoCreativity