I think we can all agree

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I think we can all agree that our placeholder could kick any other placeholders *** in the country. Also that if Mahoney gets hurt we are screwed.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
F532590.jpg

this is random, but dustin land looks very big.

Also, who is Tahaun Fountain?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
i guess i probably shouldn't have judged him from that one kick in the spring game

The one I saw that was blocked, it was low, but there was hardly blocking to prevent the defense from getting through. I only stayed for the first half.

He hasn't shown it at all.

Because he has had so many chances? Nice throw him under the bus after a spring game. He is an excellent kicker, he was also partially injured last year during workouts/practices and wasn't able to get as much playing time. He was a teammate of mine, and i've seen what he can do.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Because he has had so many chances? Nice throw him under the bus after a spring game. He is an excellent kicker, he was also partially injured last year during workouts/practices and wasn't able to get as much playing time. He was a teammate of mine, and i've seen what he can do.

I'm going by the only things I have to go by. He got a few chances early in the year last year and Mahoney won the job. He had a few opportunities in the spring game, and he had two awful kicks.

Don't you think judging what he has done for Iowa State is more relevant than what he did in high school? Most Division I athletes who are on scholarship were pretty good in high school, weren't they?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'm going by the only things I have to go by. He got a few chances early in the year last year and Mahoney won the job. He had a few opportunities in the spring game, and he had two awful kicks.

Don't you think judging what he has done for Iowa State is more relevant than what he did in high school? Most Division I athletes who are on scholarship were pretty good in high school, weren't they?

At the beginning of last season, It was set up that Guyer would be taking kick-offs, and Mahoney would be taking PAT's from the start. But an injury played a role in Guyer losing out on kicks.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
At the beginning of last season, It was set up that Guyer would be taking kick-offs, and Mahoney would be taking PAT's from the start. But an injury played a role in Guyer losing out on kicks.

Not sure if I agree with you on that one...as for "what if Grant got hurt", the transition from tee to ground is a pretty tough one for a lot of kids to make. However, I feel that Zach has all the ability in the world and if anything were to happen, he would be able to do a fine job. He may not have the leg or the accuracy, but then again its up to the offense to get the kickers into a favorable position.

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
Sorry, but from what ive seen in practice this spring and from the fall last year, Guyer doesn't come close to Mahoney