Illinois forums

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
This one made me laugh. "More fans closer to a major airport"
I am very confident that was not a joke. Chicagoans seriously think Iowa literally is all farmland and may as well be a 3rd world country (despite the rest of Illinois outside Chicago being exactly Iowa). I flew out of Midway to fly Southwest (prior to DSM having SWA) and mentioned to the guy next to me on the flight I was from Iowa. The guy said that is too bad you guys don't have an commercial airlines yet. It blew his mind when I told him 10 minutes from our house in Cedar Rapids we had 5 airlines (just not SWA since I had companion pass).

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I didnt even know Illinois had fans.

I went to that website, just to look at it, and woof. Did they hire some 5th grader to design and create it.

I tell ya, CF is so much better than any fan site/forum I have seen to date.

So many just use the 247 forum, and the design and usability of that is horrible.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I didnt even know Illinois had fans.

I went to that website, just to look at it, and woof. Did they hire some 5th grader to design and create it.

I tell ya, CF is so much better than any fan site/forum I have seen to date.

So many just use the 247 forum, and the design and usability of that is horrible.
Honestly, I was somewhat shocked at how few Illinois fans were in Omaha. Your team is hot, just won the Big 10 Tournament, is a 3 seed, and it's a relatively easy drive. Yet, they were few and far between.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, I get it. I just think that they are getting a little crazy talking about beating UConn and winning a title after a game against freaking Duquesne. I don’t think what they saw in that game translates at all to whatever games they have from here on.
Remember this is where a big portion of the Iowa fan base comes from. See any similarities?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My mom SWEARS by an Illinois Tourism commercial she saw in the late 80's where the opening line of the jingle was "Just outside Chicago, there's a place called Illinois."

Honestly, I was somewhat shocked at how few Illinois fans were in Omaha. Your team is hot, just won the Big 10 Tournament, is a 3 seed, and it's a relatively easy drive. Yet, they were few and far between.

South suburbs of Chicago to Omaha, straight shot on 80, is 8 hours. Not that super easy of a drive. Champaign-Urbana to Omaha is 7, according to Google Maps.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Except when the Squawks are b*tching about Fran. You have to admit, that's pretty good.
While that is great, yes. The overall design and usability of their board sucks.

I have not been to all the boards, and dont spend much time on others, but know everyone that uses 247, which is a lot, is going to be subpar. And any other purpose built have been bad.

One time there was a posting somewhere that listed all the fansites and forums around the country, and I spent a little time just looking at them, to see what they were like. Never did find one batter than CF.

The hok crying... is great content, but getting around their crappy board to see it, not so much.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My mom SWEARS by an Illinois Tourism commercial she saw in the late 80's where the opening line of the jingle was "Just outside Chicago, there's a place called Illinois."

South suburbs of Chicago to Omaha, straight shot on 80, is 8 hours. Not that super easy of a drive. Champaign-Urbana to Omaha is 7, according to Google Maps.
I guess to me, 8 hours is a pretty easy drive to watch your team that's really good.