Illinois matchup

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
This is a Final 4 level game. Complete toss up, both teams have high level experienced guards and athletic forwards. Illinois more offensive minded, Iowa State more defensive minded but I'd give the edge to Iowa State's offense over Illinois defense so that might be the decider. Gonna be a long 5 days dissecting this matchup, can't wait.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Weird seeing a Brad Underwood team not so good in defense. I remember his Steven F. Austin team smothering teams defensively. He carried it over to OSU. He ended up changing the OSU defense from on the ball, in-your-face pressure to backing off of that. Interesting he went more offensive while TJ went more defensive as they advanced in coaching.

Reactions: exCYtable
Oct 30, 2023
Weird seeing a Brad Underwood team not so good in defense. I remember his Steven F. Austin team smothering teams defensively. He carried it over to OSU. He ended up changing the OSU defense from on the ball, in-your-face pressure to backing off of that. Interesting he went more offensive while TJ went more defensive as they advanced in coaching.
Weird for us too... we were great on Defense up until this year

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Also an Illinois native (don't mention 2005) and I'm just awaiting the texts from my dad. No family attended but he's always been a fan. I can't recall these two playing in a while.
Too lazy to look it up but I feel like we played them in Maui w/ Halliburton and shayock.

Reactions: amishclone