Incarnate Word season watch thread

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
This team has a very small linebacker group and their DL is somewhat small. Secondary is tall though. They are quick, do a good job forcing turnovers and average more than 7 tackles per loss per game. With our massive size advantage we should be able to run them over, but then again I wouldn't really count on our o-line even against an FCS team.

Incarnate has some talent on offense. Their QB sucks. He's a decent runner but in the passing game he couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. They only have 1 big WR and don't throw to their TE's. They rely on speed, which is not in their favor against ISU unless they get their run game going and force us to stack the box. Their starting RB averages 147 ypg and 10 yards per carry. Yikes! He's also a good receiver.

This team is really not very good. I'm calling it now, ISU 52 Incarnate 3

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
This team has a very small linebacker group and their DL is somewhat small. Secondary is tall though. They are quick, do a good job forcing turnovers and average more than 7 tackles per loss per game. With our massive size advantage we should be able to run them over, but then again I wouldn't really count on our o-line even against an FCS team.

Incarnate has some talent on offense. Their QB sucks. He's a decent runner but in the passing game he couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. They only have 1 big WR and don't throw to their TE's. They rely on speed, which is not in their favor against ISU unless they get their run game going and force us to stack the box. Their starting RB averages 147 ypg and 10 yards per carry. Yikes! He's also a good receiver.

This team is really not very good. I'm calling it now, ISU 52 Incarnate 3

So your extensive research led you to the outcome that all the rest of us already had? Thanks for scouting

• Dislike
Reactions: isutrevman

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I say play it and start any underclassmen that this staff might start or play a lot of next year.

I agree with you, but it will be the seniors (and possibly Montgomery & Butler) last game (if no bowl). I don't think Matt would just sit those guys if we're at 4 or less wins going into this game.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think they should cancel the game if we have less than 5 wins and no bowl bid possibly
While we’re at it, any season should be stopped once 7 losses are hit. Sure, it makes improving the next year harder, but I’d hate to see seniors get forced into playing their last games and the younger guys lose out on offseason fun.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Wierd as in-- nobody watching the game from the upper deck?

That would be some of the wierd....how about nooone outdoors? A few lonely faces staring out into the mist and gloom from the Sukup south end zone glass windows. A few band parents with ponchos and parkas on. empty upper decks. The week run-up from our awesome marketing department promising lots of "sweet Caroline" songs played and free pizza for any students who will show up. I suppose we could have a Christmas theme and give out cyclone colored santa hats to the students that are not engineers and don't have to study that have nothing better to do. Does anyone doubt we will be roundly mocked nation wide if we play this game and we have less than 5 wins? Again, this is all wierd.....but I love wierd and being a cyclone fan is awesome.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Maybe it's just hyperbole, but if the game is cancelled we get one less week of practice. I don't care if they play only freshmen and sophomores, we should still have the game for the sake of next season.

I appreciate the optimism Khardbored.....this quote is eerily similar to quotes offered up too frequently by CPR prior to 2012 LIBERTY BOWL. The one against Tulsa. That set our program back 5 years.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I can't imagine ISU losing this game or going 3-8. ISU hasn't started out very well this year, but it isn't like they have been playing the little sister's of the poor so far either. Offense needs to step it up a bunch, but there is some talent there, just need to figure out how to use it.

D

Deleted member 8507

Incarnate Word wins again. They lead their conference at 3-0. And they are scoring lots of points. That could be an interesting game yet. I have no doubt ISU wins, but it could be something like 60-31 or so.

upload_2018-10-6_20-39-35.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron