Iowa Football Recruiting

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You could probably add Drake again. Incarnate Word probably wouldn't touch you tho.

Just think.... we play teams like that and our schedule is still tougher than Iowa's year in and year out.

You don't have much to stand on here buddy. You might want to change your argument.

May 7, 2020
And every single ISU fan I know would have rather played Texas or OU (or any other team in the country) instead of Iowa for College GameDay.

I am sure this is true, and you play Texas and OU every year, yet College Gameday comes to Ames for the Iowa game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol. Wrong Northwestern was also better than you that season. Besides, you said USUALLY. You found one that was even arguable. Swing and a miss.

Northwestern went 0-3 in the non conference that year and lost to Akron at home right?

I guess I never said were usually one of your three hardest games either lol

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I didn't say it was mostly because of Iowa, but College Gameday did show up when Iowa was the opponent. And yes ISU plays at least one team a year that is better than Iowa if not more than one.

Well, it is a big game with a lot of fan excitement on both sides. But the other part is that it's early in the season when the competition for CGD isn't that great. The other possible games weren't that super attractive and/or hosted by a team that already had CGD multiple times. Most ISU fans wanted the Texas game, which would have been awesome, but that time of year had all kinds of big time matchups with playoff implications.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Northwestern went 0-3 in the non conference that year and lost to Akron at home right?

I guess I never said were usually one of your three hardest games either lol
Well you said usually one of our toughest games. I mean last season you might have been our 5th toughest on the schedule. I guess that's.....ok.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just don't want a racist program inside Jack Trice Stadium again. So let's cancel the Iowa game going forward.

It would be so disrespectful to Jack Trice to allow the Iowa program inside.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I just don't want a racist program inside Jack Trice Stadium again.

ISU should leave the Big 12 then because Oklahoma State will be coming to Ames every other season.

Or are you one of those ISU fans that only care about race issues if they happen inside the Iowa football program?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
All of the teams you mentioned have interest? Why hasn't JP ever scheduled them?

This is a stupid question, but I will entertain it.

It is because:
1. They are happy with the 9 conference and 1 P5 non-conference game set up.
2. Because they were playing half of those teams in conference games previously

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
ISU should leave the Big 12 then because Oklahoma State will be coming to Ames every other season.

Or are you one of those ISU fans that only care about race issues if they happen inside the Iowa football program?

I'd love to not allow OSU in too, but they are in the conference so I doubt we have much choice there. We don't HAVE to play Iowa though.

And I see you aren't even bothering to argue whether or not Iowa is a racist program anymore..... good for you! Your only defense was.... "well then you shouldn't be playing OSU either then!".