Iowa Football Recruiting

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Barring injury he's going to be probably an All-American and a high 1st rounder by the time he finishes college, no way Bama says no to that.
I understand that, what I'm asking about is his feeling which he mentioned in the article regarding how players treated him upon return.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I understand that, what I'm asking about is his feeling which he mentioned in the article regarding how players treated him upon return.
Ah. If that was true, it sounds like KP may have been expecting a king's entrance since it's lowly Iowa and he's a 5* Bama guy. I doubt he'd expect the same genuflecting from Bama guys. Again, I'm not sure I buy it, he's never come off to me like that kind of dude.

• Winner
Reactions: 7Got6

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Weren’t Bama beat writers reporting he was coming back? Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that was a done deal already

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Hearing KP might become a Cyclone now.
Actually, that was mentioned on kxno earlier this week and Eickholt didn't deny the possibility either, so that rumor has some legs. Lots of SE Polk connections on our team, too...

s_ford

Jul 30, 2018
I love in the article where he says his teammates were hesitant to trust whether he’s all in or not then he leaves less than two months later. Maybe they were onto something

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Ah. If that was true, it sounds like KP may have been expecting a king's entrance since it's lowly Iowa and he's a 5* Bama guy. I doubt he'd expect the same genuflecting from Bama guys. Again, I'm not sure I buy it, he's never come off to me like that kind of dude.

Iowa fans have really ran with the “kings entrance” narrative but I would wager good money theres much more to the story.

• Winner
Reactions: exCYtable

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Heard KP was at ISU’s spring practice recently.
Was that before or after he spent the night with your mom.

200w.gif

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I love in the article where he says his teammates were hesitant to trust whether he’s all in or not then he leaves less than two months later. Maybe they were onto something
It was two full months. February was won of them. I tell all my HOK acquaintances, don't be sad it's over be grateful that it happened.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Because they weren’t going to treat him above everyone else? Players didn’t like the parting shots he took at them and the program. I’m glad they weren’t “kissing the ring” so to speak.
They kissed the ring to a bad white QB though. Just saying.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Was thinking the same. He felt shunned in IC. Why would he feel differently in Tuscaloosa?
He went on spring break with Bama football players. So sounds like he'd be welcome by those guys.

New staff at Bama probably has no baggage as KP pretty much hit portal when Saban retired.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Heard KP was at ISU’s spring practice recently.
Well, 1. He is in Iowa 2. He sure as hell isn't welcome at the Iowa spring practice anymore 3. He probably is playing ISU just to be around football at this time.

I don't think ISU is expecting anything from him (commitment), but if it doesn't cost them anything and might keep some of their SEP teammates happy, I don't see the harm of KP hanging around ISU practice for a week or two. Who knows, maybe he does end up there eventually.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The one big problem with KP hanging around in Ames.... if he goes back to Bama he can share secrets that could work against ISU when they face each other for the Natty.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron